Unable to record a series on 7HD and other wierd behaviour

Started by Meppy, December 16, 2008, 08:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meppy

Tonight I am trying to sort out my shows on Interactive so that everything is taken care of.  However I have had some problems.

1. Trying to record The Unit as a series on 7HD refuses to work, it just does nothing other than go back to the guide when I hit the button.  I have had to record it on SD instead.

2. Some shows that we have setup have moved time slots but the shows that replaced them are still being recorded

3. I am still sometimes getting both SD and HD shows being recorded on my BW when I set the series recording for a specific channel.  When this happens one or both of the recordings seem to end up being corrupt so it is really driving me nuts.  This mostly happens when I use the iPhone applet (so I don't use that to recrod series anymore)

4. Some shows end up just coming up with the error icon and I have to reschedule the recording

5. I hit record for one show that is a repeat of a show I already have setup to record first runs only (eg Myth Busters) it shows as a series recording but when I go to a different day and come back the show is not set to record.

EDIT: I just noticed "Bad IceLink message received from the server" error in the BW Ice Guide menu page!

Meppy

Just updated firmware on my BW and wipded the Ice cache.  I am still getting strange things in interactive, for example I have Eli Stone series set to record but there are no red circles next to tonights show and I had to go and hit record on the show in Interactive and then it showed the red circles...  seems like Interactive is not that stable?

tonymy01

Same thing happened to me at DST time when I deleted all my Wiz timers.   The Interactive "resend all timers to device X" (paraphrased a bit) didn't work either.  Turns out that when you delete timers off the Wiz, it sends ICE information to say "nope, they don't want to record this for this week" so ICE doesn't try to send the timer for this week again.    Maybe this is similar to your situation?   I had to find all my shows and do the single "record" like you did to resolve it, and a week later the series recordings all worked as expected.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Meppy

I am not so sure... now I have shows queued that have never ended up going to record so my wife misses her shows tonight meanwhile one of my show does record, makes no sense.  The BW just keeps saying that it has to wait to get the IceGuide data, it's driving me crazy all this bizare behaviour.  I can log into IceTV as often as I like but my BW gets knocked back!?

Lynden

I am trying to add series recordings to my schedule as well.

Everything has been working fine since I subscribed a month ago.

As of today, adding a series schedule does not add the red series recording icon.  I can retry over and over and I get the same result.  Selecting a single recording works fine.

tonymy01

A "gotya" for series recording is when you choose to record a "firsts" rather than "firsts and reruns", and the show is marked as a repeat.   I reckon ICE needs to have some kind of more obvious way of showing the series differences, so you aren't left scratching your head for ages about why the show isn't getting the red ring or red dot.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).