The 1% Club returns "Bad Request"

Started by NBOSTI, June 10, 2023, 06:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NBOSTI

I have a series recording set for "The 1% Club" and all have recorded fine.
Since I first created this recording schedule when I click "upcoming episodes" ( either through "manage series" or a "TV guide" search, I get the message "400 Bad Request".
This happens even if the episode was showing in "my week" as scheduled. Before and after being sent.
I have not encountered this before, found it strange. Tested on numerous others  in "manage series" and the message never appears.
I'm posting out of curiosity as to why this happens. A data base error? I have no idea on these things so any enlightenment will help. Thanks.

MD

Hi NBOSTI,

There is only a show called 'The 100+ club" and it is not currently airing?

MD

Hi again NBOST please ignore my last reply, you are correct.  I'm afraid it will have to wait until our guide team start tomorrow to get to the bottom of the problem.  Maybe it will record directly from the EPG?

NBOSTI

Thanks MD,
 I was aware of the other series, "The 100 club".
Not the same , as you mentioned.
I think the first season of "The 1% Club" has finished its  run. They were  advertising for casting on last episode.
It does not show on a search of 7's web page as upcoming. Other shows are scheduled in usual airing time(s), (it moved from Wednesdays to Mondays).
Regardless, as I said I was just curious as to why that message only appeared on this particular show.
If it helps, this only occurs on the web. My iPad app shows as any other program with no up coming episodes, "No items".

NBOSTI

To add to that if it helps,
the message reads "Bad Request" with a long underline and below nginx/1.20.2.
A search on "Bad Request 400" resulted in something like " a client error..." from Mozilla, among others that were obvious spam ways of "getting rid of a bad request".
Sorry no screen shot (beyond me), but the team should be able to work with that. I hope.

aeb001

the reason it gives a bad request is because it has % name which in turn is in the url which is a html code. as such the internet is confused by the request. I get the same thing when i search it on tv show websites. if in the back end of icetv it got renames as "the 1 percent club au" the url bad request would not occur
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

NBOSTI

Thanks aeb001,
I thought it might have been something to do with the naming.
Specifically the " % " tag. I am hoping that with the next series it will be changed in the IceTV data base as you suggested.
Just still confused as to why it was showing as queued/sent but upcoming episodes returned that message.
All episodes recorded, it is just the search in IceTV guide for "upcoming episodes" or for the show itself results in that.
Hopefully when a new season comes around, this can be addressed as per your suggestion.

aeb001

@tiffany can you please pass this to dan as its not been acknowledged yet nor fixed

https://tv-guide.icetv.com.au/show/The-1%-Club-tv-58354
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

Lisa

Hi NBOSTI and Adrian,

we have now altered the title The 1% Club to The One Percent Club...the % would certainly have been the culprit.

cheers,  Lisa
IceTV Guide Team

NBOSTI

Thanks Lisa. I have just checked "Manage Series" and the name change is showing.
I thought I might have had to search again for the altered name, but no, the schedule I had under old name has carried over. And  by clicking "upcoming episodes", it returns as expected with no "Bad Request".
Thanks mutely again. Nbosti.