Main Menu

Daylight Saving

Started by Ian_AW, April 01, 2023, 07:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian_AW

Question without notice.

With the twice yearly ritual where we dutifully move our clocks back of forward as dictated (and dance the Schmeerskahoven) to be observed tonight under threat of rude things being done to us, and seeing as the IceBox has is not old enough to have done this even once, is there anything we need to do to the IceBox to ensure that timers trigger at the correct time?

I know we will have to explain things to them where there is one group of people who blame Daylight  Saving for the sun causing the curtains and carpets to fade, and there is another group of people who believe they can actually save daylight!

NBOSTI

Ha, good point.
My rooster had to be disposed of, waking me up at strange times, the nerve of him.
Seriously though, living in WA, with no daylight saving needed (nor wanted?) I am not in a position to state whether it has been an issue with any other PVR I have used. The Time Zone being the same across the whole state all year round.
I would hope that the underlying OS would adjust to that circumstance as others do, obtaining Time/Date from the network and adjusting internal clock as required.
The IceTV guide, from all forums I have read, is updated to adjust to those areas that have rooster eating times.So it should not be a problem.
Or is there a setting regarding Time/Date that needs to be set upon initial set up?
Any advice?

IanL-S

Your IceBox should adjust everything automatically. This happens with modern PVRs such as the Beyonwiz t2, T3, T4, U4 and V2.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Ian_AW

Quote from: IanL-S on April 02, 2023, 08:05:20 AMYour IceBox should adjust everything automatically. This happens with modern PVRs such as the Beyonwiz t2, T3, T4, U4 and V2.

Ian

While the timers are working correctly, there is an issue with the Guide as it displays onnscreen.

For example, the 10 News is on at 5:00 pm, yet the Guide shows it as 6:00 pm.

I rebooted the IceBox and the Guide now shows the program times at the EST time.

Interestingly, timers are being triggered correctly, just the EPG was still showing the times as EDST rather than EST.

So, if people see the guide a little od, reboot the IceBox.

Over the weekend, I was watching the F1 events on Kayo, and Monday was hectic and I was catching up on recordings.

IanL-S

I had other issues which resulted in my refreshing the EPG data, so did not notice it.

It is definitely something to watch out for next time there is changeover.

Much easier than on my ancient Topfield PVRs where I have to reset the service list, rescan service, set up IceTV again (including deleting duplicate LCNs).
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help