Commonwealth Games

Started by cam, October 01, 2010, 08:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cam

Hi,

Are the commonwealth games really being broadcast on all three of the Ten channels (ten, one, one-hd)?  I thought that there was some stupid rule whereby they were only allowed to simulcast on two channels, hence the stupid music previously being played on one-sd when ten and one-hd were broadcasting a sporting event at the same time.

Cam
Win7, 2x Hauppague 2200

Mitch IceGuide

Hi. I'm not even sure what One-Digital is all about. If I were you I'd completely ignore it. ONE-HD should be HD. The games are on TEN-SD and ONE-HD. The only difference appears to be that TEN breakaway for the News at 5pm. Let's see.

prl

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on October 01, 2010, 01:02:25 PM
Hi. I'm not even sure what One-Digital is all about. If I were you I'd completely ignore it. ONE-HD should be HD. The games are on TEN-SD and ONE-HD. The only difference appears to be that TEN breakaway for the News at 5pm. Let's see.
I think that One Digital was supposed to cover all Ten's sports fans who don't have HD TVs. Apart from in the regions where they never bothered with it.

Anyway, presumably soon to be axed when Ten rolls out Eleven. Really, who does think up these channel names?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

markb

Quote from: prl on October 01, 2010, 02:00:30 PM
Really, who does think up these channel names?

7mate is such a infantile stupid name that I really think the 7 network is having a wink at us. Showing 4x3 80's material on the HD channel, displacing HD broadcasts of their regular shows such as sunrise, home & away, news, etc is outrageous. They know, as well as we do, that this is a rediculous situation. The FTA networks in Oz never wanted HD and have always worked to sabotage it. HD is pushed only by retailers so they can sell their big screens.