SBS Viceland HD

Started by dougie69, April 21, 2017, 02:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougie69

Hi,

I have successfully added SBS Viceland HD to my Beyonwiz T3 but I can't get it to appear in the EPG or add timers.

I have followed the instructions as per the email without success. The IceTV has been disabled and enabled, and re-logged in as it seems to forget the password sometimes.

All the other EPG updates and timers are working correctly.

In tried adding a manual timer for Viceland and then changing the channel to Viceland HD but it fails when sending back to the server.

The attached screenshots of the IceTV log on the T3 show the server errors that are being generated. As seen in photos, the T3 is on the SBS Viceland HD channel.

Any ideas as to what is happening?

Doug

grumpy_geoff

When exactly did you rescan your T3 to add Viceland HD?  When the numpties at SBS still had the service type set to 'SD' (0x01) or after they'd fixed up their mess (around 11-Apr)  to have it now correctly set to HD (0x19)?
Zap to Viceland HD, and from Live TV, bring up MENU > Information > Service > OK.  The 'Service reference' entry should show 1:0:19:{blah} if you'd scanned after the correction (whereas it'll show 1:0:1:{blah} if you've not rescanned after the correction).  The third segment of the Service reference is the Service Type.

Have you got the correct service in your bouquet?

Cheers,
Geoff

dougie69

I did a full rescan multiple times this week and another full rescan yesterday after I installed the latest firmware update from Beyonwiz.

grumpy_geoff

And the answers to the question I asked?
Have you got the correct service in your bouquet?  What is the Service reference for Viceland HD?

If it doesn't appear in the EPG then there must be a mismatch.
What about changing to Terrestrial TV LCN bouquet - what then?  Do you have duplicate SBS services listed?

dougie69

Sorry, yes the service is 1:0:19...

prl

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on April 21, 2017, 03:44:14 PM
When exactly did you rescan your T3 to add Viceland HD?  When the numpties at SBS still had the service type set to 'SD' (0x01) or after they'd fixed up their mess (around 11-Apr)  to have it now correctly set to HD (0x19)?
IceTV identifies channels to the Beyonwiz T series client by an ONID, TID, SID triple. It doesn't include the service type.

I have an IceTV recording set on our in-use T4 even though I haven't rescanned to get Viceland HD  :o Which reminded me to rescan.  :-[

After the rescan, I created a "Prefer HD" series timer for Viceland on the IceTV Web age, and it was set up on Viceland HD when I did a manual IceTV update. Then I deleted the series recording on the IceTV web page and did another manual update and it was deleted correctly.

So IceTV certainly can work correctly on a T4 running firmware 20170310 (ACT guide).

After the rescan, I also had to delete and remake my SBS HD Favourites entry, because its service type had changed.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Quote from: dougie69 on April 21, 2017, 02:49:39 PM
... re-logged in as it seems to forget the password sometimes. ...
Yes, I sometimes get spontaneously logged out of IceTV, too. I don't think that's related to this problem.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: dougie69 on April 21, 2017, 04:22:10 PM
Sorry, yes the service is 1:0:19...
And the questions on bouquet and duplicates?

I assume your IceTV account 'Guide Settings' are correct for sending Viceland HD to the T3 (i.e it's not disabled)

Have you tried -

• disabling IceTV
  • zapping to a different broadcaster
  • waiting a minute for the FTA EPG to update for that service, and check it's updated
  • re-enabling IceTV and then do a Fetch EPG and update timers now
  • zapping to a different broadcaster
  • Bring up the EPG

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: prl on April 21, 2017, 04:37:36 PM
IceTV identifies channels to the Beyonwiz T series client by an ONID, TID, SID triple. It doesn't include the service type.

I have an IceTV recording set on our in-use T4 even though I haven't rescanned to get Viceland HD  :o Which reminded me to rescan.  :-[
After the rescan, I also had to delete and remake my SBS HD Favourites entry, because its service type had changed.
Yep you're right - the EPG comes down in the "dvb_triplets" field as "original_network_id", "transport_stream_id" and "service_id" entries.
The service type mismatch would just affect the timer highlighting in the EPG and the service name in the FAV channels list (any others?), right?

I'm thinking there's a service mismatch going by the 'invalid channel_id' message in dougie69's screenshot.
There shouldn't be an old entry in lamedb as dougie69 did a firmware update yesterday (I hope he didn't restore settings - dougie69?).

prl

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on April 21, 2017, 05:30:12 PM
Quote from: prl on April 21, 2017, 04:37:36 PM

Yep you're right - the EPG comes down in the "dvb_triplets" field as "original_network_id", "transport_stream_id" and "service_id" entries.
The service type mismatch would just affect the timer highlighting in the EPG and the service name in the FAV channels list (any others?), right?
Yes, I think that would be the limit of the problems. As I mentioned before, I got a Viceland HD timer set from IceTV even before I rescanned to get Viceland HD and the new service type for SBS HD.

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on April 21, 2017, 05:30:12 PMI'm thinking there's a service mismatch going by the 'invalid channel_id' message in dougie69's screenshot. ...
Well, it's that error in the second posted screenshot. It's "Error saving information to the DB" in the first screenshot. Though they may both be symptoms of the same underlying error.

It's not impossible that IceTV has the wrong triples for Viceland HD for dougie69's area. There may be more areas than just Sydney that have an oddball SID for Viceland HD. But my memory of the last time there were big service changes is that if that were the case the symptoms are different.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

dougie69

I only use the terrestrial LCN and there are no duplicates.

The Icetv guide settings are correct. (I set the location to 'NSW Central Coast' but it has some strange options. Eg Prime Southern as a service, No Prime SD sent to EPG, TEN 10 and 11, and Southern Cross 10 and 11 are separate but the One LCNs 1, 12, 50 are lumped under a single One service. ie there is no unique Southern Cross One service)

I did the disable/enable/fetch, and the epg and timers all update except for Viceland HD.

I didn't do a restore after the update.

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: dougie69 on April 21, 2017, 06:32:06 PM
I only use the terrestrial LCN and there are no duplicates.

The Icetv guide settings are correct. (I set the location to 'NSW Central Coast' but it has some strange options. Eg Prime Southern as a service, No Prime SD sent to EPG, TEN 10 and 11, and Southern Cross 10 and 11 are separate but the One LCNs 1, 12, 50 are lumped under a single One service. ie there is no unique Southern Cross One service)

I did the disable/enable/fetch, and the epg and timers all update except for Viceland HD.

I didn't do a restore after the update.

Okay, over to IceTV support then, as prl states, it's probably the wrong service triples for the new Viceland HD in their guide for your area (not matching your Wiz scan tables).

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on April 21, 2017, 07:17:05 PM
Okay, over to IceTV support then, as prl states, it's probably the wrong service triples for the new Viceland HD in their guide for your area (not matching your Wiz scan tables).
Nice detective work people.

SBS Viceland HD for the NSW Central Coast had a typo in the SID. I've fixed it now.

Dougie, you will probably need to do the disable/enable/fetch routine to get the updated IceTV service ids and guide data for Viceland HD.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

dougie69

Sorry for the very late reply but Viceland HD is working correctly now. Thank you to everyone who helped solve this for me.

Should I make a separate post to detail the Prime and Ten ONE problems?

MD

Hi dougie69,

Yes please post under a new relevant heading though I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems.  I'm sure the forum gurus will sort it.