Tool tips great but get in the way everywhere

Started by twowheels1, August 20, 2009, 06:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twowheels1

Hi,

I've been away for a while and not used my ICETV interactive guide on line.

I notice there are now context sensitive tool tips of program summary information. These are great but because they are activated on a whole program line they get in the way everywhere particularly as they also swap from being attached on the left to right of the cursor. 
Is it possible to have them activated on a column around the program name only rather than the whole screen or only have them anchored to the bottom left so they can be moved out of view when scrolling.

Thanks for a great product.

My TF7100 would be in the bin if it were not for ICETV.

Russell at IceTV

I've changed it so only the title area activates the hover box now.  See if that's any better.

Thanks,
Russell

tonymy01

It would probably be better if you put the dots and donuts and exclamations etc just to the left of the title, and have the time and "status" columns (status being the ones with the dots etc) supporting the hover over.   The hover over still happens on most of the screen, given the full title box is much larger than the actual title text.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

mikeathome

prl

Is there any way to prevent the IceTV hover boxes (Firefox browser) appearing when the OS X Dashboard is activated? Ithe popups are a bit distracting. I'm not sure why windows under the Dashboard are even getting mouse events!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Russell at IceTV

I've updated the other guide pages to work the same way now, so that only the title area activates the hover.  I think this is probably the best we can do for the moment, but we can come back to it later if it's still a problem.  Of course, if you really don't like it, you can always disable the hover completely on the TV Guide page of My Account, but I'd rather get it working so it's useful without being too annoying.

Quote from: prl on August 21, 2009, 09:21:17 AM
Is there any way to prevent the IceTV hover boxes (Firefox browser) appearing when the OS X Dashboard is activated? Ithe popups are a bit distracting. I'm not sure why windows under the Dashboard are even getting mouse events!

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't know either, but maybe we can find a solution at some point.

Thanks,
Russell

prl

Quote from: Russell at IceTV on August 25, 2009, 03:50:50 AM
Quote from: prl on August 21, 2009, 09:21:17 AM

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't know either, but maybe we can find a solution at some point.

Thanks,
Russell

Thanks.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing