New IceTV branded PVR

Started by Mantorok, July 17, 2013, 01:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodogbodog

Hurry Hurry - my Beyonwiz is dying and I need to replace it - hopefully it will limp through to May!
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

csutak40

Quote from: bodogbodog on March 07, 2015, 12:45:35 PM
Hurry Hurry - my Beyonwiz is dying and I need to replace it - hopefully it will limp through to May!

I know how you feel, but I am not sure I'd want to be the first guinea pig to try it :-)  (I was quite excited when it first got mentioned, but have lost confidence in it since.)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

chopper

does that mean it can record catchup shows ? if so then I could somehow manage to stream then to my chromecast

Dave at IceTV

No, it cannot record catchup shows. You can only view them. The "freeview plus" style catchup guide just allows finding the catchup episodes via a TV guide style timeline.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

face44

So we are now in April. I thought we were getting a announcement in March. Just wondering what is happening with the release. Can we get some news on what is happening please?

Dave at IceTV

Check your email inbox next week.  8)
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

EdQld

Looking forward to it's release, auto Ad skip would be a great feature!

I just hope it comes with stable/mature firmware, it just seems that programmers can't seem to get that part right and prematurely release product! Just about all PVR's I have purchased in resent years have had multiple bugs that needed successive f/w updates to resolve, even Telstra's latest effort the iQ3, has been released with multiple bugs according to press reports and the promising looking Altech PVR9600 has had a succession of bugs with each f/w release!

So here's hoping the IceTV's PVR bucks the trend and is released without a number of bugs, but just works out of the box, now that would be a welcome change  :)

bodogbodog

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 01, 2015, 04:54:40 PM
Check your email inbox next week.  8)
It was nice to get an email advising we would be entered in the draw for a Skippa
I was surprised to discover there's already a web site up promoting the product - with some specs on the unit such as it having a 1tb HDD - it would have been good if that email had mentioned the site so those of us interested in it could get more info
There's more details @ http://skippa.tv/
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)

face44

Wish I had got that email. Guess your luckier than me :-[.

EdQld

Fantastic to see the Skippa will be released next month, it would sure be nice to be one of the lucky 5 to win one!

What happened to the 4 Tuners that was mentioned earlier? The email stated it only has 3 Tuners?

Could the Skippa be a re-badged Altech PVR9600 running IceTV firmware?

IanL-S

Quote from: EdQld on April 03, 2015, 12:30:02 PM
Fantastic to see the Skippa will be released next month, it would sure be nice to be one of the lucky 5 to win one!

What happened to the 4 Tuners that was mentioned earlier? The email stated it only has 3 Tuners?

Could the Skippa be a re-badged Altech PVR9600 running IceTV firmware?

I noticed the 3 rather than 4 tuners. There was an earlier post (I think it was Heinz) that said they were having the unit manufacted by an OEM, so it may have the same hardware as other PVRs.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

EdQld

I tried to lookup more details at http://skippa.tv/, unfortunately I can't get passed "Authentication Required", just doesn't accept my Username & p/w  :(

IanL-S

Same problem here - also tried the link in the email I got yesterday, no luck

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

bodogbodog

Quote from: face44 on April 03, 2015, 12:04:53 PM
Wish I had got that email. Guess your luckier than me :-[.
I got it as a paid subscriber to IceTV so nothing special or lucky - maybe they're staggering the mail out to their subscriber base
Basically it's being used as a carrot to incent people to check and update their contact details on IceTV

Dave at IceTV

Everyone who has an IceTV account is automatically in the draw to win 1 of 5 skippa PVRs.

Skippa is not a re-badged PVR running IceTV firmware.

For those that cannot access the skippa.tv website:
- What browser are you using?
- What operating system?
- How are you getting to the page? (typing url, clicking on a link in this topic etc)

There is a link to skippa.tv on the header of the icetv.com.au pages.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service