Do IceTV support staff read these forums ???

Started by rushN, May 02, 2007, 11:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rushN

I've started two threads with queries and have not had any replies from IceTV support (several from other forum members - thanks guys).  I also emailed IceTV Support last Tuesday the same queries and have not received replies.  I thouhgt IceTV support was supposed to be good???  Yes, I could phone, but I would think that email and forums would be a more convenient medium for IceTV to provide support.

Not good enough.

marcusstringer

Really?

I went "Old School" and called them on the phone, got through straight away...
Marcus
Twitter: @MarcusStringer
www.midlandtypsetters.com.au

philzgr8

Quote from: rushN on May 02, 2007, 11:17:58 AM
I've started two threads with queries and have not had any replies from IceTV support (several from other forum members - thanks guys).  I also emailed IceTV Support last Tuesday the same queries and have not received replies.  I thouhgt IceTV support was supposed to be good???  Yes, I could phone, but I would think that email and forums would be a more convenient medium for IceTV to provide support.

Not good enough.
I am told by many that their phone support is good. Personally I'm with you on forum support being more user friendly since it's not always convenient to use the phone and you can often get good help from other members as well. In my experience their attention to these forums is at a fairly low level and in truth I don't think they see the immense value that this resource can provide. It does seem a pity and I have at times bemoaned the fact that sometimes you just can't seem to get a response for days on end.

martymonster

Yep, they have a Support link on their web site where you can report problems.
Pity that it does not seem to be monitored, especially when you are a paid user.

Matt at IceTV

Hi Guys,

For immediate Customer Support regarding IceTV related issues please use our 1300 654 803 Customer Support line as that is what it is there for. Our lines are open between 9am-9pm weekdays and 12-6pm weekends - Sydney time.

We have many FAQ's listed on our website under the different devices our service is compatible with. These can be viewed at www.icetv.com.au/support.

Alternatively you can use the Contact Us page on our website (http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webpage.cgi?op=show_contact) to email our team with specific queries (always qoute your IceTV Username and what device you are using IceTV with). All emails are now tracked through our system and we are constantly trying to improve the response time for customers.

The third option would be to list problems you are having within our IceTV Forum in terms of response time and receiving a quick turn around.

We pride ourselves on our Customer Support and as a very small Aussie company trying to support a multitude of different hardware devices and problems often lying with these and not IceTV specifically, we do the very best we can with limited resources.

Rest assured we will continue to try to improve our Customer Support and the speed at which we respond to your technical problems.

Regards,

IceTV

General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803