Widget not as up to date with web TV guide for Chan 9

Started by JPP, August 23, 2008, 02:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPP

I've noticed that today at 2pm, that the widget is showing TBA programs for Chan 9, whilst the Web Guide has data for the same time slots.

Is the update of programs on the widget delayed for some reason? I think I have the latest Widget - invoking the update button does nothing though, ulike in the past when it would give the version number and announce if it was the current version or an update available.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Marc

If you're running the Dashboard Widget, then pressing command-r will reload it and get the latest guide data.

If you're running the Yahoo! Widget, then quitting and reopening the Yahoo! Widget Engine should also get new guide data.

The widget should usually be very close to what you see on the Interactive website in most cases and not require a force reload.

JPP

Quote from: Marc-IceTV on August 23, 2008, 06:04:52 PM
If you're running the Dashboard Widget, then pressing command-r will reload it and get the latest guide data.

If you're running the Yahoo! Widget, then quitting and reopening the Yahoo! Widget Engine should also get new guide data.

The widget should usually be very close to what you see on the Interactive website in most cases and not require a force reload.
Thanks Marc. I thought though that it refreshes itself every so often as I see the little round arrow thingy do its thing.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Marc

Quote from: JPP on August 24, 2008, 01:18:51 PMThanks Marc. I thought though that it refreshes itself every so often as I see the little round arrow thingy do its thing.
It definitely does refresh itself.

The problem might have occurred because widget last grabbed the EPG before a change was made on the server. The widget would have corrected itself eventually (all going well).