No recordings for Prime

Started by Dazza, August 24, 2008, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaffaMan

Quote from: mattk on September 01, 2008, 06:08:21 PM
We did provide Channel Mapping for the Topfield TF5000 range as part of our software but we no longer do so. The Channel Mapping is now being done within the Topfield software and therefore it is only Topfield who can solve any of the issues you are experiencing. IceTV Interactive has been working for years with EyeTV devices (for Mac), both XP and Vista media centre devices and with other PVR brands.
Hi Matt,

not sure I understand this - you are saying that Topfield have to do the channel mapping now.  This seems different to how it works on the 7000 - where the mapping is found at the end of the file which is downloaded. Does this imply a need for a new firmware every time a service changes somewhere in Australia? Is this how it works on say a PC or a Beyonwiz - do they do the mappings or does IceTV?

It would seem to me that IceTV would know what the mappings would be, but Topfield in Korea would find it very hard to keep up. Maybe some encouragement is needed to have Topfield return the mapping responsibility to IceTV? If IceTV is supportive of that perhaps we can convince Topfield?

Matt at IceTV

Quote from: JaffaMan on September 01, 2008, 10:50:08 PM
It would seem to me that IceTV would know what the mappings would be, but Topfield in Korea would find it very hard to keep up. Maybe some encouragement is needed to have Topfield return the mapping responsibility to IceTV? If IceTV is supportive of that perhaps we can convince Topfield?

This is correct.

We have worked as closely as we can with the Topfield Engineers and have provided them with as much information as we can, but the problem lies with their software. When we send down the guide data we send down a unique ID number per channel and we provide an interface for their software to quickly query that data. The interface has been around for a couple of years now, it is very simple and we have not had any issues with it with any other device that uses it. EyeTV and Beyonwiz both use this interface correctly and have done so for sometime. We suggested that they offer the ability for manual channel mapping for their customers so that those in certain affected areas would still get the same experience as those in major metro areas.

The issues seems to be that the Topfield engineers are not able to replicate the problems that all of us are seeing and this is the main reason behind the delays. I have suggested that they send out their engineers to solve the firmware issues as soon as possible.

A previous firmware version that we tested seem to not have this channel mapping issue.

Is anyone else seeing the same issues with shows being recorded via IceTV Interactive? whereby no matter what show you schedule to record, if you go into the "Timer Settings" menu there is no metadata (ie Show Title, Synopsis etc) attached to the scheduled recording. Once recorded the data seems to be there.

I have also heard of their being no data attached to the recroded show also. This information is not sent as part of the scheduling request via IceTV Interactive and so the current Topfield firmware seems to be grabbing the wrong information or not grabbing the information until the show has been successfully recorded.

General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

Vortical

Matt try the latest beta here for the 7100 that has been passed on to iTopfield forum members to test
http://www.filefactory.com/file/7a575a/n/1_00_03_upd

Everything seems to be working in WA now.
No program names but at least the timers are all showing up correctly and firing then picking up the program name and info when they record.

We're still waiting to hear from other states that had problems

Thanks for fixing the LCN 6 issue btw.

Matt at IceTV

Quote from: Vortical on September 03, 2008, 11:16:56 AM
Matt try the latest beta here for the 7100 that has been passed on to iTopfield forum members to test
http://www.filefactory.com/file/7a575a/n/1_00_03_upd

Everything seems to be working in WA now.
No program names but at least the timers are all showing up correctly and firing then picking up the program name and info when they record.

Hi Vortical,

We are experiencing the exact same here in Sydney. Recording set by IceTV Interactive are working but when looking at the "Timer Setup" there is no metadata (Show Title, Synopsis etc) attached to the scheduled recording. Once recorded, the metadata is there. So not the worst problem in the world but should be fixed to give the 'average' user a better experience.

TV Shows scheduled to record on the Toppy 7100 directly using the IceTV EPG attach this metadata correctly when you look at the "Timer Settings" and press "i" for more information.

So this would suggest that it would be an easy fix for Topfield.

Quote from: Vortical on September 03, 2008, 11:16:56 AM
Thanks for fixing the LCN 6 issue btw.

No problem at all. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Cheers,

mattk
IceTV
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

hallycat

Well seems there is some good news. The firmware release for the 7100 I installed today allows interactive with at least channel 10SD.  Although I did manually change the LCN settings.
They seem to save OK. There is little program information in the tuner but once it started recording it correctly named the file. This was a once only recording to test it.
The channel 7SD timer has now shown up in the timer so that is working too it seems  :)

Edit: I should say that in the Melbourne viewing area Interactive wasn't working for any SD channels.

Dazza

I have installed 1.0.03 and managed to change the Prime HD mapping to LCN 60 via the epg settings and I can now receive timers on Prime HD!!

Still no luck so far with the other HD channels (I am still testing)

At the moment there are only 5 channels in the Channel Map Setting that I can change: WIN SD, SC10 SD, Prime SD, ABC1 and Prime HD.