Any timeframe for IceBox BYOB to move to a later Libreelec Version?

Started by sirius, April 10, 2023, 09:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirius

I note that "IceTV's IceBox software is based on the Libreelec software. It is currently based on version 10"

Is there any timeframe to move to a more current Libreelec Version?

I have a box with an Intel N95 processor ready to setup with the BYOB Software but it needs a later  version (11) of Libreelec to support it.

Will this be possible soon?

IanL-S

No idea ... but don't hold your breath. There are still some issues to be worked out with the current IceBox firmware, which would be a much development higher priority. Not sure how difficult it would be to port the IceTV plugin and the customized TVHeadend add-on, not to mention the customization that has been made to Kodi, to LibreELEC 11.

The Intel N95 was only released in Q1 2023 so you would need to confirm that LibreELEC kernel supports such hardware, if you have not already done so.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

sirius

Thanks for the insight, as they say "Good things come to those that wait"

But I'll not hold my breath while waiting.

And, yes the Intel N95 is supported by the later Libreelec V11.

IanL-S

Since my earlier post we have been testing beta IceBox firmware that is based on LibreELEC 11. Some hardware I have is happier with LibreELEC 11 than version 10. The development team is still working on  ensuring that issues that some users are experiencing in the current release version are overcome.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

IanL-S

LibreELEC firmware released today (24 May 2023. Much more stable and better hardware support.

The only drawback I have discovered is that subtitles/closed captions (cc) do not work either for live TV or when playing recordings. The really odd thing is that it identifies the presence of subtitles/cc but refuses to do anything with them. Some recording show presence of both subtitles and teletext, and I was able to get subtitles via Teletext to work on a recording of Pointless (9HD Melbourne).

This may have something to do with LibreELEC 11 not have built-in support for DVB (which I suspect is short for something like "Digital Video Broadcast").
Synology NAS