Tas Daylight Saving Time stuff ups - again

Started by wfdonald, October 07, 2007, 08:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfdonald

Do we have to go through this EVERY year? Tasmania started DST today and the tv guide is all over the place until the mainland catch up to us. At the moment it looks like SBS, ABC and ABC 2 guides are still on winter time.

Can this be sorted out - and hopefully not happen again? If it's not ICE's fault perhaps you could go back through the supply chain and get it sorted?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

SBS has had Monday and Tuesday updated already, with the rest of the week to follow shortly.

Is ABC incorrect at the moment? From what we can tell the broadcast is delayed one hour so that for example The 7:30 Report will be at 7:30 PM (however this is just for ABC, ABC HD will be at Sydney times so The 7:30 Report should be broadcast at 8:30 PM).

Also is ABC2 an hour out? We believe it will be but have no confirmation at the moment that that is what is happening.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

wfdonald

I've just downloaded and reloaded the ICE guide (on a Topfield).  Here's what's happening now (5:20pm)

ABC - The ICE guide seems correct now (the free to air EPG is out an hour - not too fussed about that).

ABC2 - The ICE guide is incorrect (but the free to air EPG is correct!).

SBS - both the ICE and free EPG are correct.

I'm guessing I was using an ICE guide from a few days ago in my original post.

Would it be possible to make sure now that the guide (or rather the guide making process) is correct when DST finishes in Tas next March (although I think that's when the other states come into sync with Tas for DST).

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Just to confirm ABC2 was updated Monday night.

Can you confirm that you are seeing the correct times now?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

wfdonald

Just reloaded at 2:40pm. All is correct (except the ABC free EPG). Thanks.