Main Menu

Recent posts

Getting Help / Re: IceBox failure after a sof...
Last post by IanL-S - May 01, 2024, 08:07:30 AM
Not had anything like that happen to me. The only thing I can think of it to to a USB installation of the latest firmware. As you have already copied the recordings off the IceBox it will not matter that the USB installation nukes the existing installation.

You should also copy the backup folder to external storage, as it is needed to recover the recordings. My understanding is that you copy them back (including the backup folder) when the setup wizard asks for your username.
General Discussions / Re: Cannot get rid of How It's...
Last post by IanL-S - May 01, 2024, 08:02:21 AM
Ian, thanks for the additional information - clearly a different problem to the one I had about two weeks ago. Hopefully @Daniel Hall has resolved the problem.
Last post by Ian_AW - May 01, 2024, 07:32:25 AM
Quote from: IanL-S on April 30, 2024, 03:08:06 PMIan, what PVR are you using? If it is an IceBox, it is possible that the original timer was created using the IceBox Timer Rules, in that case you will need to delete the timer rule on the IceBox. With the current firmware, when a timer rule "creates" a timer, it is uploaded to the IceTV Server, and if you delete the timer on the IceBox, that is the timer listing (not the timer rule) or via the IceTV app, the timer rule will recreate that timer.

I am using the IceBox.

It is not that the timer keeps showing up because of some other event. There is no option to update or remove the timer. I can go to the timer list, select and delete, and then in a minute or so there is a message telling me the timer has been created.

I have been through the same thing using the web page and the iOS app,
Last post by TimC - April 30, 2024, 11:19:10 PM
I have tried using a number of Firmwares, back to IceBox-Generic.x86_64-1.11.3.img.gz. which I believe is the full IceBox system.
Nothing seems to work.

As I said, After a Reboot, I get the IceTV small banner, then the large Banner, then a Blank Screen.
I can locate it on my network and after each reboot, the Update folder is empty.
Note: All the recordings are retained.

I'm out of ideas now.
Last post by TimC - April 30, 2024, 08:24:22 PM
I have now tried downloading the latest firmware to the Uploads folder and rebooted without any change.  Just a Black screen (both ports)
Getting Help / IceBox failure after a soft re...
Last post by TimC - April 30, 2024, 06:49:00 PM
Today I decided to do a Soft Reset, but the IceBox failed to restart, and subsequent forced restarts have failed as well.  Ihe IceTV banners come up and eventually disappear leavung a blank screen.

The TVHeadEnd UI works to a degree (with no channel data) and I can see the IceBox on the LAN.

I am in the process of copying my existing recordings so if worst comes to worst I should be able to restore them.
However I don't know what to do next. For example, if I copy the latest Update to the Updates folder and try a restart, will that get the OS working again?
IceTV EPG Content / Re: New shows
Last post by Lisa - April 30, 2024, 05:33:03 PM
Hi Bazza and IanL-S,

I have made a note re NCIS: Sydney, however, if by chance you do see it with R flag, please send us an email.

cheers,  Lisa
Last post by Daniel Hall at IceTV - April 30, 2024, 05:02:26 PM
Hi Ian,

I could see two airings left only for the coming week, and have cancelled these two holdovers and it looks like they have not been re-created.
IceTV EPG Content / Re: Pawn Stars
Last post by aeb001 - April 30, 2024, 04:53:23 PM
'Mystery Safe' - S22E06 < S2020E17
IceTV EPG Content / Re: New shows
Last post by IanL-S - April 30, 2024, 03:09:40 PM
I agree that not putting a repeat tag on this episode is a good idea.