Main Menu

Various issues.

Started by nodyel, February 25, 2024, 08:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nodyel

Hi,

Since my last post things have been working reasonably well with my IceBox. However, I have some issues.

First off, a couple of weeks ago I ran into a problem where the IceBox said I had to re-enter my wifi password. I tried that, and it wouldn't accept it. I did a reboot, and it asked me to re-enter my IceTV info & wifi info again. Still wouldn't accept them. After trying I a few other things, I ended up doing a soft reset with no luck. I then did a hard reset (i wasn't too fussed about the few recordings I had). That one came to nothing - no IceTV logo, and no initial setup. I powered it off again, and then powered on and I could at least get into the bios. I tried a few more times to get it to boot, but no luck. I then dug out my usb stick with the firmware and got it to reinstall everything from scratch. Looks like it must have been some sort of corruption of the software somehow.

Anyway, it seems to have been working fine since then (fingers crossed).

So the first issue I had today was that it again asked me for my wifi password. I have been away from home since last Thursday. When I got back today, the message was on the screen (I left IceBox on, and TV off for the duration). I re-entered it, but still wouldn't connect. Tried a few times. To eventually get it to work, I had to go into the LibreELEC settings and turn off the Wireless Networks 'Active' state, then turn it back on again. I then went the 'Connections' tab and told it to connect again. It asked again for my password, and it successfully connected. A bit strange, and not sure of what caused this.

The next issue I am not sure whether it is an IceBox or the IceTV EPG guide plugin.

I have quad tuners option. At the moment I see this is the 'My Week' section of the guide:

IceTV Err1.jpg

Not sure why it is having a problem with tuners as I have 4 of them:

IceTV Err2.jpg

As a test, I set up multiple recordings (2 IceTV ones, and 3 instant recordings) at the same time on different services (2 on ABC) and they worked fine:

IceTV Err3.jpg

Of course, when I added yet another one for Channel 7, that failed which I expected since that would make it 5 different services.

Any reason for this?

Mike.

Beyonwiz U4

IanL-S

There is something odd with your TV adapters list. Only the DVB-T should be in bold; the DVB-C should not be bold. This could cause all sorts of confusion.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

raymondjpg

Quote from: IanL-S on February 26, 2024, 07:24:40 AMThere is something odd with your TV adapters list. Only the DVB-T should be in bold; the DVB-C should not be bold. This could cause all sorts of confusion.
Is that right? I think what matters is that the DVB-C tuners are not enabled.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

raymondjpg

Quote from: nodyel on February 25, 2024, 08:47:31 PMI have quad tuners option. At the moment I see this is the 'My Week' section of the guide:

IceTV Err1.jpg
On the face of it, this is illogical because as your graphic shows, an earlier program on ABC TV HD has set correctly.

The error looks like it is related to one picked up earlier in this thread https://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=7688.msg39766#msg39766. As far as I know, this is one of the errors peculiar to IceBox that hasn't yet been resolved.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

nodyel

Quote from: IanL-S on February 26, 2024, 07:24:40 AMThere is something odd with your TV adapters list. Only the DVB-T should be in bold; the DVB-C should not be bold. This could cause all sorts of confusion.

Hi Ian,

Maybe an artifact of the browser or ???. I clicked on each of the DVB-C entries which brings up a side panel with their settings. All of them are disabled. Only DVB-T ones are selected. I didn't make any changes in that screen.

Cheers,

Mike.
Beyonwiz U4

nodyel

Quote from: raymondjpg on February 26, 2024, 10:19:52 AM
Quote from: nodyel on February 25, 2024, 08:47:31 PMI have quad tuners option. At the moment I see this is the 'My Week' section of the guide:

IceTV Err1.jpg
On the face of it, this is illogical because as your graphic shows, an earlier program on ABC TV HD has set correctly.

The error looks like it is related to one picked up earlier in this thread https://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=7688.msg39766#msg39766. As far as I know, this is one of the errors peculiar to IceBox that hasn't yet been resolved.

Thanks Raymond,

I guess I will have to wait for the next release then.

Cheers,

Mike.
Beyonwiz U4

IanL-S

Quote from: nodyel on February 26, 2024, 11:38:17 AM

Hi Ian,

Maybe an artifact of the browser or ???. I clicked on each of the DVB-C entries which brings up a side panel with their settings. All of them are disabled. Only DVB-T ones are selected. I didn't make any changes in that screen.

Cheers,

Mike.

Glad that the tuners are correctly configured.

Hope that many of the user issues are fixed in the next firmware update. We are currently beta testing it. No ETA for its release.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

raymondjpg

Quote from: nodyel on February 25, 2024, 08:47:31 PMSo the first issue I had today was that it again asked me for my wifi password. I have been away from home since last Thursday. When I got back today, the message was on the screen (I left IceBox on, and TV off for the duration). I re-entered it, but still wouldn't connect. Tried a few times. To eventually get it to work, I had to go into the LibreELEC settings and turn off the Wireless Networks 'Active' state, then turn it back on again. I then went the 'Connections' tab and told it to connect again. It asked again for my password, and it successfully connected. A bit strange, and not sure of what caused this.
From what I can see on the internet wifi connectivity in LibreELEC can be flaky, sometimes apparently losing login credentials. They are supposedly held in /storage/.cache/connman/<service>/settings .. where <service> is something unique based on the SSID used. It looks to me like what you did to revive connectivity is about the best that can be done in the circumstances. It is possible that a new IceBox update would fix it, particularly if it embodied a new version of LibreELEC.

nodyel

Hi Raymond,

Yes, given that it seems to be a bit 'flakey', I am thinking I might connect it directly to the LAN. I think I have a spare cable somewhere that should be long enough to do that. Hopefully that will eliminate this issue for the time being.

Cheers,

Mike.
Beyonwiz U4

raymondjpg

Quote from: nodyel on February 27, 2024, 10:42:32 AMHopefully that will eliminate this issue for the time being.
It should!