Scheduling recordings on a PC for the BeyonWiz possible?

Started by gibster, November 26, 2008, 07:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibster

Hi.

Subject pretty much says it all. Is it possible to schedule recordings for the BeyonWiz on a PC as I currently do TEDS/Topfield 5000 ?

Thanks

gib
BeyonWiz V2

Marc

It's possible to schedule recordings via IceTV Interactive, allowing you to use a web browser, web browsing mobile phone, the IceTV iPhone app and the IceTV Widget.

More info is available here:
http://www.icetv.com.au/about/interactive.shtml

Does that help you?

tonymy01

Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

gibster

Quote from: Marc-IceTV on November 26, 2008, 10:02:53 PM
It's possible to schedule recordings via IceTV Interactive, allowing you to use a web browser, web browsing mobile phone, the IceTV iPhone app and the IceTV Widget.

More info is available here:
http://www.icetv.com.au/about/interactive.shtml

Does that help you?

I am aware of IceTV Interactive, but was hoping that something similar to TED/TEDS with IceTV (which I have been a subscriber to for over two years now) was available.

Thanks

gib
BeyonWiz V2

Marc

I'm not aware of any user installed apps for the Beyonwiz PVRs. So I think what you're after isn't possible at the moment.

tonymy01

I use perlTGD on my SLUG, which is an open sourced app that is similar to TEDs, I modded it to work with the Beyonwiz also, but haven't bothered much more with it because ICE interactive works fine for the Wiz. 
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

gibster

I'll probably get a BeyonWiz because of the multimedia streaming features. One less box to worry about. It does have a good feature set.

Can the hard drive be upgraded by just replacing it with a larger harddrive?

Thanks

gib
BeyonWiz V2

prl

Quote from: Marc-IceTV on November 27, 2008, 09:20:14 AM
I'm not aware of any user installed apps for the Beyonwiz PVRs. So I think what you're after isn't possible at the moment.

You should have a look at www.beyonwizsoftware.net, then, and in this particular context at WizRemote :)

Wizremote needs a fair bit of setup on the local PC, and needs to reboot the BW after making any timer changes.

Admittedly, though, www.beyonwizsoftware.net hacks are mostly scripting efforts doing inventive things with what's already on the box.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

gibster

Quote from: prl on November 28, 2008, 05:27:08 PM
Quote from: Marc-IceTV on November 27, 2008, 09:20:14 AM

You should have a look at www.beyonwizsoftware.net, then, and in this particular context at WizRemote :)

Wizremote needs a fair bit of setup on the local PC, and needs to reboot the BW after making any timer changes.

Admittedly, though, www.beyonwizsoftware.net hacks are mostly scripting efforts doing inventive things with what's already on the box.

Interesting. I'll have to check wizremote out after I've purchased a Wiz :)

I'll have more time on my hands in a couple of months and might dig into the internals and try my hand at coding. Getting ready to retire from the bus driving business.

gib
BeyonWiz V2

prl

Quote from: gibster on November 29, 2008, 06:00:01 AM
I'll have more time on my hands in a couple of months and might dig into the internals and try my hand at coding. Getting ready to retire from the bus driving business.

gib
If you want to get involved in modifying your Beyonwiz firmware, you might want to have a look at the Software Developers section on the Beyonwiz Forum, and at the OpenWiz Wiki, where there's a bit of a repository about the Beyonwiz internals. There are a few break-and-enter tools on BeyonwizSoftware to help unpack and repack modified firmware (Wiz FirmwareTools, and BWFWTools, the latter uses the former).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: gibster on November 27, 2008, 09:54:16 PM
Can the [Beyonwiz] hard drive be upgraded by just replacing it with a larger harddrive?
Yes, but on the S1 and P1 it has to be a PATA drive (or SATA with an adapter) and the maximum supported size is 500GB. The P2 has a SATA interface, and while 500GB remains the maximum supported size, there is a Beyonwiz Forum user who's put a 1TB drive into a P2, and so far it seems to be going OK. Hunt around the Beyonwiz forum for more information.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use