Comskip not working

Started by Aardvark, April 07, 2024, 01:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aardvark

Running V1.11.6 and although Comskip is enabled in the IceTV Addon it is not working.

Any help to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks

MD

Hi Aardvark,

Go the add ons on the left menu, you'll see a large IceTV box on the right.  Go to it press OK and a choice to turn ad skip off or on will be seen. It should be on as that's the default?

As you record lots of ABC no ad skip will be present except at the end of the padding at the start of a show and at its end.  It will show up in the bar at the top of the TV whenever you press the manual forward skip button or at the bottom of the TV when the "i" button is pressed. The second choice also shows the time shift functionality plus other choices such as subtitles.

The ad skip takes about 20 minutes per hour of recording and doesn't start until the recording has ended. If there are multiple simultaneous recordings the choice as to which is processed first is currently random.

Aardvark

Thanks for the reply. I'd already checked to see if Comskip was enabled and was not expecting it to be active for ABC but it has not processed for programs recorded on 7, 9, or 10.

Is there a log on Icebox which will maybe show what's happening or do I need to enable debug logging for Kodi before anything will show up?

Once again, thanks for your help.

TimC

Quote from: Aardvark on April 08, 2024, 11:12:43 AMIs there a log on Icebox which will maybe show what's happening or do I need to enable debug logging for Kodi before anything will show up?

Something to show that the processing on a recording is completed would be nice.
Somewhere you can find which recording is currently being processed would be good as well.

No rush though.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

MD

Mate, do you realise how difficult that would be, both getting it into the software then modifying the UI??!!

No rush though👍

TimC

Quote from: MD on April 08, 2024, 05:57:23 PMMate, do you realise how difficult that would be, both getting it into the software then modifying the UI??!!

To be honest, no idea, but the system must know which files have been processed.
From a user's perspective we don't really have any way to know what is IceTV stuff and what isn't.  One thought, would it be possible to add a text flag to the Local EPG data?
That is under your control.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

vader1111

The easiest way to see which shows have been processed is to look in their respective folders, using File Explorer (or similar for Apple devices).  Shows which have finished processing should have 7x extra files, in addition to the MKV file containing the recording.

If you don't see any extra files, then the show hasn't been processed.  If you see less than 7, it usually indicates that processing is still in progress.

Aardvark

That doesn't help me find out why it is not working and then try to fix it.

Aardvark

Did a bit of investigating and found one file back on 25 Mar which had been processed by Comskip

################################################################
Generated using donator Comskip 0.82.009
Time at start of run:
Tue Mar 26 00:11:43 2024
Mpeg:    /storage/recordings/Whitstable Pearl/Whitstable Pearl-9Gem HD2024-03-2511-40.mkv
Exe    comskip.exe
Logo:    /storage/recordings/Whitstable Pearl/Whitstable Pearl-9Gem HD2024-03-2511-40.logo.txt
Ini:    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadendicetv/comskip/comskip.ini

Looked in latest Addons log and found the following (and this program has no Comskip data)

2024-04-01 12:10:00.127 [  INFO] spawn: Sending: {'type': 'action', 'content': 'RunScript(service.icetv,register_commskip,"/storage/recordings/The Chelsea Detective/The Chelsea Detective-9Gem HD2024-04-0109-40.mkv")'}

Is this not working due to a typo commskip  rather than comskip as the exe is titled.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Aardvark on April 09, 2024, 10:02:25 AMDid a bit of investigating and found one file back on 25 Mar which had been processed by Comskip

Generated using donator Comskip 0.82.009
Time at start of run:
Tue Mar 26 00:11:43 2024
Mpeg:    /storage/recordings/Whitstable Pearl/Whitstable Pearl-9Gem HD2024-03-2511-40.mkv
Exe    comskip.exe
Logo:    /storage/recordings/Whitstable Pearl/Whitstable Pearl-9Gem HD2024-03-2511-40.logo.txt
Ini:    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadendicetv/comskip/comskip.ini

Looked in latest Addons log and found the following (and this program has no Comskip data)

2024-04-01 12:10:00.127 [  INFO] spawn: Sending: {'type': 'action', 'content': 'RunScript(service.icetv,register_commskip,"/storage/recordings/The Chelsea Detective/The Chelsea Detective-9Gem HD2024-04-0109-40.mkv")'}

Is this not working due to a typo commskip  rather than comskip as the exe is titled.

No, that command looks correct.

I have opened a ticket for you so we can grab your log file to try and find out what is going on.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Aardvark

Thanks Daniel. Let me know if you need me to do anything

Regards, Mike

Dacho

Quote from: Aardvark on April 07, 2024, 01:39:11 PMRunning V1.11.6 and although Comskip is enabled in the IceTV Addon it is not working.

Any help to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks

My comskip came to a halt last week and now working again after ssh'ing into box to investigate.

Dan will implement a fix for my problem soon. Only If you're up to ssh and remote access and take full responsibility for actions:
- By looking at recent recordings directories there will typically be .log files for files that have been processed with the same name as recording.mkv files.
- There is a comskip directory on the icebox (~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.TVheadend IceTV/comskip) with a file 'comqueue' containing a list of files to be processed along with a flagfile 'commskip_running', which indicates the process is active. On my box the queue was full, the process not actually running but the file 'commskip_running' was present.
- Deleting the commskip_running file sorted it such that within minutes it started going through the list
Tv is