Main Menu

Exception Error

Started by TimC, April 26, 2024, 12:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimC

I am not sure if I can get anywhere with this, but I have a log that shows the following exception error.

2024-04-23 14:07:05.780 T:1283    error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'ConnectionRefusedError'>
                                                   Error Contents: [Errno 111] Connection refused
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.icetv/service.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                       if start.run(sys.argv):
                                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                     File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.icetv/resources/lib/start.py", line 142, in run
                                                       icetv.update_guide()
                                                     File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.icetv/resources/lib/icetv.py", line 591, in update_guide
                                                       output_xmltv(shows)
                                                     File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.icetv/resources/lib/icetv.py", line 506, in output_xmltv
                                                       client.connect(socket_path)
                                                   ConnectionRefusedError: [Errno 111] Connection refused
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

The full log can be accessed Here (I Hope).

This exception error is apparently conflicting with a Non-IceTV Addon that I am trying to get working, namely "Paramount+", among others.

The guy supporting the Paramount+ addon in the Kodi world has suggested this is the reason the Paramount+ addon is not working.

The reality is that all the streaming addons (Prime, Paramount+, Disney+, NineNow, SevenPlus, TenPlay, etc), I have been running have a similar problem, i.e. The addons work for about 2 weeks and then the programs for "Shows" suddenly disappear from the file lists.  Strangely "Movies" still seem to work.

I can see how this is most likely to fall into the Low Priority list (or more likely No Priority) as it is not part of the IceBox offering.  I am not asking for anyone to devote a lot of time to this, but I am hoping that someone might recognise the Exception error and can shed some light on how it might be resolved.

In terms of supporting information, from what I have researched so for, I am suspecting a Digital Rights Management (DRM) issue.  I have seen examples where "Shows" and Movies" are treated a little differently when it comes to DRM and it may be that the exception error above is interfering with how the DRM is processed.
The interesting thing is that after a soft reset and a reload of all the addons, they all work fine, for about 2 weeks, then all the Program file for "Shows" suddenly disappear on all the streaming addons. Something common to all the streaming addons stops working properly. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the two key DRM related Addons that are common to the streaming Addons, namely "WideVine" and "inputstream.adaptive" and Rebooting without any change. Only a soft reset and reinstall of all the addons works (about a day of effort).

FYI I am only running addons I have paid subscriptions for.   

I don't hold great hopes for a solution, and I suspect I will have to just give up on the idea of having a fully functional Media server capability in my IceBox.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Tim,

While this is an issue, this means that tvheadend was not running when the IceTV plugin tried to send it guide data, and is something that is going to be handled in the IceTV plugin going forward.

However, there is no way this would affect any other plugins on the IceBox.

You are likely right in that the issues you are facing would be DRM related, as such it's unlikely something we would look into too much.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.