Recording Cannot Be Scheduled

Started by Spongbo, August 18, 2005, 10:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrees

Shane...

Dude you ROCK

Id be lying if I thought it should have been ICE's place to look into this more than they did.

I will give that a go over the next few days.

You are obviously running the patch. How have you been finding it?

Shane

So far it is flawless... however the true test will be over the next week without the twice a week system restart... if it makes it through that with no issues then I am sold.

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

mrees

Awesome Shane
I will install on my systems and also post results.

I only seems to reboot from that one issue these days.
So if im up in 2 weeks without a restart, it will be a good signal that all is OK

I just wish MS would fix this issue if they know its a problem :(

mrees

Out of curiosity, has anyone experienced a problem where they lost their channel mappings?

I got it for the first time last week after a few months of stability. Was very annoying... lost all lmy scheduled shows :(

A few friends of mine are getting that problem too

Any one else?

Shane

Hi - I used to get lost channels all the time, until I patched to the latest updates for Media Center from MS.

I'd check Windows Update, do a "Custom" update and see if there are any additional updates to install. If so, install them, then reboot & go back and check again. When there are no more you should be up to date.

If you already had the updates, I'm sorry to say I don't have an answer for you :(

Regards,
Shane.
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

mrees

Shane

Thanks for your reply
Only recently have I upgraded to RU2.
Didnt want to bother seeing some of apps didnt work nicely with RU2 (such as crunchie).

Out of curiosity, whats the longest your system has been up for without needed a reboot?
Prior to RU2, mine was about 6 weeks, not sure now Ive gone to RU2. Will have to wait and see I guess.

Kind regards,
ME

impact

6 weeks wow...

I reboot mine daily through a scheduled task that runs at 6am... just to try and keep things fresh.

Crunchie can work with ru2 - if you need help let me know, but make sure you use the exact versions suggested and you should be fine.

mrees

Impact, good to see you here mate :)

No worries and thanks for the heads up with RU2 and crunchie.
I waited for that fix before going down the Ru2 path.
Havent had time to play yet, but its good to know you need those EXACT versions.

Thanks mate,
mrees

impact

Yep - decided to support the only legal EPG solution.... appears not to be well liked by some mods on other boards, but thats their problem, and its ICETV's gain....

I dug up the thread for you that you need -
http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/community/tv-recordings-conversion-archiving/6318-fix-workaround-crunchie-ru2-issues.html?highlight=crunchie+ru2

Its a long one - as a few people could not get it working, it worked for me first go - and subsequently through the thread you may learn that it is very important to use ffdshow-20051129.exe and not the latest version!!!!

Enjoy

mrees

Thanks Impact
As always, such a great help to people.
Ive been using ICE for sometime now, no probs at all.
The only downfall, is no PAYTV support.

Man I wish Packer and co would just grow up and accept technology.

Thanks again

pvogel

Great to see you here Impact and thanks for your support.  Have you tried PIMP yet?

BTW the PIMP client has a "DVB fix" feture that implements this workaround:

http://blogs.msdn.com/peterrosser/archive/2006/02/15/DvbGuideProblem.aspx

Peter

Shane

QuoteShane

Thanks for your reply
Only recently have I upgraded to RU2.
Didnt want to bother seeing some of apps didnt work nicely with RU2 (such as crunchie).

Out of curiosity, whats the longest your system has been up for without needed a reboot?
Prior to RU2, mine was about 6 weeks, not sure now Ive gone to RU2. Will have to wait and see I guess.

Kind regards,
ME

Make sure you check the MS WindowsUpdate site again, there are a couple of patches that come up after upgrading to RU2.

As for uptime, I'm beta testing a few apps, as well as having just changed my tuner card from a DVICO Fusion Dual Digital tuner to a Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE (Dual tuner), my reboots in the last week have been 2 or 3.

Other than that though, I have a scheduled task setup to run the "Peter Rosser MCE Refresh" script every day after the guide update... so my system never gets rebooted.

Before I started beta testing the latest app, I actually had my system up and running for about 7 or so weeks.

PeterV - I'll try the DVB fix in PIMP again... last time I tried it I got errors (in PIMP) straight after and it couldn't re-synch to the server... so at the moment I schedule to do a guide download, close PIMP, run the script, restart PIMP and everything works perfectly.

Regards,
Shane.

impact

Peter - thanks... and more than happy to be here, you may have noticed my threads over at that other board.... hope others come over and start supporting you icetv guys.... anyway expect an email soon, have a few ideas i'd like to see....

I went searching, because I am sure others will want the info - from Shanes post - the "Peter Rosser MCE Refresh" script can be found at http://blogs.msdn.com/peterrosser/archive/2006/02/15/DvbGuideProblem.aspx

Let me say also, that there appears to be some great people in these forums such as Shane that a) know their stuff, and b) willing to help others!

Good on you all....

Shane

impact,

Glad you're here - and I have to say thanks to you - your numerous posts "over there" helped me dramatically during my early days as a MCE newbie.

I've been an IceTV convert since the early days and recommend it to everyone I know using Topfields, Media Centers or Elgato EyeTV (on Mac). Being whats known as an "early adopter", I've owned or own all three, and can confidently say I was the first person to get MCE running on a MacBookPro - just not credited for it :)

Regards,
Shane.