Odd issue recording movie from What's on This Week

Started by prl, August 22, 2017, 10:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel was in this week's "what's on"; but it isn't being broadcast in the ACT where I live.

That in itself isn't the problem. The problem was that when I clicked on the "Set & Record" button for the movie in the "what's on" email, it opened a tab in my browser to let me record it (first problem; the show isn't on!), and when I went to try to record it using Schedule New Recording, it only offered "Series" in the  recording.

So a movie that's not being shown in my EPG (but is being shown elsewhere) can still be "recorded", but only as a series (the movie isn't incorrectly marked as a series in the EPG).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: prl on August 22, 2017, 10:40:31 AM
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel was in this week's "what's on"; but it isn't being broadcast in the ACT where I live.

The IceTV Canberra EPG must be stuffed as its on WIN Eleven, Friday 25th August, 8:30pm - 10:55pm according to canberratimes, ebroadcast, ourguide, yourtv & Yahoo! 7 TV.

prl

You're right. But when I first tried to set the recording, yourtv for Canberra was showing something different for the timeslot (from memory, it was showing what IceTV is now showing - Me And Earl And The Dying Girl).

I'll post in the guide area about it.

But the odd behaviour in the IceTV Web page is there, whether the IceTV guide content is right or not :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Tiphanee

Hi prl and grumpy_geoff,

Many thanks for your post regarding The Second Best Marigold Hotel, indeed there has been a scheduling change on Eleven in the ACT and this will be updated by the end of today.

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave

Tiphanee,
I think one of the main issues raised here was that scheduling the recording of a Movie from the What's On email allows only Series recordings to be made.
This is contradictory seeing Movies are generally not regarded as Series.
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

grampus

Quote from: Dave on August 23, 2017, 01:18:27 PM
Tiphanee,
I think one of the main issues raised here was that scheduling the recording of a Movie from the What's On email allows only Series recordings to be made.
Dave.
Agree,
The only option I think I see is that the drop down box needs to have single recording added to it
BeyonWiz, T3

prl

Quote from: Dave on August 23, 2017, 01:18:27 PM
Tiphanee,
Dave.

Thanks Dave, but that's not quite right. The problem I described only happens when the item in What's On isnt in the user's regional EPG.

In the Web page, single run Whats On entries otherwise work correctly.

In the Android app, its a different  kettle of fish.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: Tiphanee on August 23, 2017, 11:37:03 AM
Hi prl and grumpy_geoff,

Many thanks for your post regarding The Second Best Marigold Hotel, indeed there has been a scheduling change on Eleven in the ACT and this will be updated by the end of today.

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee

Hi, Tiphanee.

The ACT guide doesn't seem to have been updated. For Eleven on Fri 24 Aug (tomorrow), it's still showing:

20:30 - Movie: Me And Earl And The Dying Girl (2015)
22:35 - To Be Advised
23:35 - The Late Late Show With James Corden

yourtv is showing:

20:30 - The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
22:55 - To Be Advised
23:55 - The Late Late Show with James Corden

IceTV is still showing the wrong movie, and the times for the following late night shows are also different from what's in yourtv.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Tiphanee

Hi prl,

Many thanks for your note. Checks are currently underway for rest of today and tomorrow so ACT will be fixed by mid-morning.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

prl

Thanks again, Tiphanee.

I'm now seeing "The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" in that timeslot and the updated times for the following programs.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use