T2 has no timers

Started by csutak40, March 07, 2016, 03:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

I have no doubt I am doing something wrong, but have no idea what.  I had the T2 for a while, but only just got around to playing with it.  I set up a few timers in IceTV, just as a test. I installed IceTV,  went through the setup wizard etc. and told it to fetch EPG... nothing.  Looked at the log, seems to have done what it was supposed to, but still no timers.  I looked at the EPG. that also doesn't show any timers.

What am I doing wrong?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on March 07, 2016, 03:07:52 PM
...  Looked at the log, seems to have done what it was supposed to, but still no timers. ...

If timers have been sent you should see them in the log, so the log's not showing what it should show.

It looks like the timers aren't being sent at all, because otherwise they should be either set and show in the log or there should be an error flagged in the IceTV Web page.

Have you set the correct region in your My Account>Guide settngs page on your IceTV account web page? Though if that was wrong, to not see the EPG information at all, and error when the timers were sent.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

I'm not sure how I could have set the wrong region.  All I did was open my account and added another device.  I now have a roll down menu, where I can choose, T2, T4 and Windows Media Centre. The one thing I did notice that the timers on the IceTV webpage, are showing Queued Series Recording, so they aren't set properly.  No idea how to fix that

Hmm. Just discovered that I now have 2 T2s set.  That could certainly create a problem, but don't know how that happened and/or how to fix it

There was definitely only one there yesterday, when I was setting the timers for it

I think I will need Dave's assistance  :-[
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

I will definitely need Dave's assistance.  I have now deleted one of them (still don't know how the second one materialised) Went back to the Wiz and got it to fetch again.  Got an error, then it asked for my password (but it was already there, didn't need to type it again) so I tried fetching again.  No error this time, but back to square one - still no timers

Ah!!!  The second T2 has re-appeared again!  I am officially confused  ::)
Cheers,
Judy

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on March 07, 2016, 10:22:32 PM
I will definitely need Dave's assistance. ...

I agree. I think that sorting this needs someone to look at what's happening on the server side.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave at IceTV

When T4 and T2 Beyonwiz PVRs create the device in the IceTV account it ends up as a "Beyonwiz T3"device which is fine... until the owner notices and changes the device to match their Beyonwiz model. Actually this is fine too... until the T4 or T2 needs to connect to IceTV. When it can't find its 'T3' device it creates another device!

I don't know what would happen if there were already 5 devices in the account. I guess it would fail to connect.

Obviously the new device has no recordings assigned to it because it is a new device in the account. The only solution is to manually copy each series recording across to the new device. Once you are sure the new device is working you can delete the original device. And leave the device type set as a T3!

So the 1 and only rule is: Do NOT change the device type from a T3.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on March 10, 2016, 11:36:30 PM
When T4 and T2 Beyonwiz PVRs create the device in the IceTV account ...
Should that be changed?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

When T4 and T2 Beyonwiz PVRs create the device in the IceTV account it ends up as a "Beyonwiz T3"device which is fine... until the owner notices and changes the device to match their Beyonwiz model. Actually this is fine too... until the T4 or T2 needs to connect to IceTV. When it can't find its 'T3' device it creates another device!

I don't know what would happen if there were already 5 devices in the account. I guess it would fail to connect.

Obviously the new device has no recordings assigned to it because it is a new device in the account. The only solution is to manually copy each series recording across to the new device. Once you are sure the new device is working you can delete the original device. And leave the device type set as a T3!

Hmm.  Thank you Dave.  It seems to be working (will fiddle some more manana)  However, I definitely didn't see a T3 device anywhere.  I registered the T2 on the IceTV page, even before I set it up. 

Once I've set it up, I set some timers (from the IceTV page)and they all showed as "queued series recordings"  When that refused to change to the filled in red circle, and hence didn't record, that's when I wrote here.  Took me a while to check to see what was registered and that is when I noticed that I had two T2s (no T3)  So, I deleted one of them, and presumed that it will fix the problem, but didn't.  When I tried to "fetch" again, it created another T2.

Anyway, whatever the reason, you did fix it, thank you  The timers now have a filled in red circle.  In fact, I just remembered, that there was a timer set and just checked - it did record.

I don't suppose it matters, won't be buying any more PVRs  :-\ but still not sure what I did wrong and how I could have avoided it

Cheers,
Judy

raymondjpg

Quote from: csutak40 on March 11, 2016, 04:50:24 AMI registered the T2 on the IceTV page, even before I set it up.

I don't use IceTV on my T2 but if I recall correctly, when I did try to set it up initially the procedure was to implement the IceTV plugin in the T2 which then automatically registered the PVR with IceTV. Registering it with IceTV before you set it up might be problematic.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Daniel Hall at IceTV

This is not entirely true, there is only an issue if the PVR in the home is swapped out, you can change the device type on the website as much as you want. The only time a login will create a new device is if the unique identifier on the PVR has changed (i.e. the PVR is replaced with a different one).

If this happens you can let us know and we can manually update the IceTV server to allow the new PVR to login as the existing device.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: prl on March 10, 2016, 11:40:49 PM
Should that be changed?

The device type is dictated by the plugin on the PVR, some more details on the API will be available very shortly.  8)
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on March 11, 2016, 11:29:54 AM
Quote from: prl on March 10, 2016, 11:40:49 PM
Should that be changed?

The device type is dictated by the plugin on the PVR, some more details on the API will be available very shortly.  8)

I've had a peak at the source code of the IceTV plugin that Beyonwiz wrote and it defaults to model id '22' if it can't read the model code from the Beyonwiz firmware or loader (via enigma2 plugin API). As far as I know model id 22 means it's a T3.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: csutak40 on March 11, 2016, 04:50:24 AM
However, I definitely didn't see a T3 device anywhere.  I registered the T2 on the IceTV page, even before I set it up. 

Okay, that makes sense. You manually created a device with a T2 device type (as you would) but then the T2 added itself as another device with a T3 device type.

Until now I couldn't understand why your T2 created another device when it wasn't a replacement of a previous T2 that had already connected to your account. As Dan said, once a T series Beyonwiz has connected to IceTV the "PVR created a new device" scenario only occurs when the PVR has been replaced or repaired with a different mainboard.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on March 11, 2016, 01:18:23 PM
I've had a peak at the source code of the IceTV plugin that Beyonwiz wrote and it defaults to model id '22' if it can't read the model code from the Beyonwiz firmware or loader (via enigma2 plugin API). As far as I know model id 22 means it's a T3.

That's not my reading of the code. The system default for the config variable config.plugins.icetv.device.type_id is 22, but that's not determined in any way by whether the IceTV plugin can read the machine brand or model from the firmware. There's no way that I know of that the Beyonwiz firmware can fail to retrieve the brand name and model - it's compiled into the main app (functions getMachineBrand() and getMachineName()).

At login time, the Beyonwiz sends the value in config.plugins.icetv.device.type_id to the IceTV server in a login request in the ["device"]["type_id"] entry in the request. When the login response is sent back from the IceTV server, the response's ["device"]["type_id"] is used to set the value of config.plugins.icetv.device.type_id.

The IceTV plugin doesn't explicitly send the PVR's brand/model information in the login request, but it is sent in the "User-Agent" request header of the login request. The login request's ["device"]["label"] defaults to the brand/model string, but that string can be changed by the user in the setup wizard, so it can't be relied on for the model type.

So, in essence: at the initial setup, the Beyonwiz sends ["device"]["type_id"]=22 in its login request, doesn't have a reliable brand/model string in ["device"]["label"], and has the string "SystemPlugins.IceTV/versionstring (Beyonwiz; Tn)" in the User-Agent field of the request header.

The server appears to ignore the information in the User-Agent string and simply sends back ["device"]["type_id"]=22 as the device type, no matter what the device is. That value is then assigned to the PVR's IceTV type_id config variable.

If the device logs in again, the whole thing repeats.

I'm not saying that the server should use the User-Agent informaton to work out what it should return as ["device"]["type_id"], but it seems to be the only place in the protocol where it can reliably get that information.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Quote from: raymondjpg on March 11, 2016, 10:14:37 AM

I don't use IceTV on my T2 but if I recall correctly, when I did try to set it up initially the procedure was to implement the IceTV plugin in the T2 which then automatically registered the PVR with IceTV. Registering it with IceTV before you set it up might be problematic.

Yeah, that's probably what I did wrong
Cheers,
Judy