Keyword Searches and Notifications

Started by parki, May 13, 2008, 09:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortical

Marc

Should the Keyword Record and Keyword Favourites be working properly yet?

None of my Keyword Favourites are showing up in any of My Shows or My Upcoming Shows lists at this stage.

mtb

Quote from: Marc-IceTV on November 19, 2008, 06:47:11 PM
Also... The quality option works like this:
Standard definition = records standard def ONLY. So if the show is broadcast in SD and HD, it'll only record the SD one. If it's only in HD, it won't record.
Prefer high definition = records high def if available. So if the show is broadcast in SD and HD, it'll record in HD. If it's only in SD, it'll record SD.

I agree with Nem on the quality options - can we get a Prefer SD option added then?  While our beyonwiz can record either SD or HD we don't have an HD TV so recording in HD is just a waste of disk space if the show is in SD also.  However, if a show is only on HD we would want it to be recorded rather than excluded.

So the logical list of options really ought to be...

• Standard Definition
  • High Definition
  • Prefer Standard Definition
  • Prefer High Definition
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

mtb

Quote from: Nem on November 19, 2008, 06:28:29 PM
From what I can currently see...

< snip >

Thanks for that, I'd overlooked that page. 

What chance of the title, description, actor name and director name fields being optional for the Keyword Record options though?  It is possible to select title and/or description for the RSS feeds so could it be extended into the Keyword Record too?
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Topfield 5000MP

Marc

Quote from: Vortical on November 20, 2008, 12:41:32 AMNone of my Keyword Favourites are showing up in any of My Shows or My Upcoming Shows lists at this stage.
Are your Keyword Records showing?

Quote from: mtb on November 20, 2008, 02:19:13 PMWhat chance of the title, description, actor name and director name fields being optional for the Keyword Record options though?
It's possible we might add that in the future, but we want to keep it as easy to use as possible... Things like Smart Playlists don't seem to get used by most users in iTunes (even though I love them!). We'll definitely keep refining the entire Interactive service, based on feedback and where we see it heading.

Vortical

Quote from: Marc-IceTV on November 20, 2008, 03:43:08 PM
Quote from: Vortical on November 20, 2008, 12:41:32 AMNone of my Keyword Favourites are showing up in any of My Shows or My Upcoming Shows lists at this stage.
Are your Keyword Records showing?

I'm not using keyword recordings at all
I want to decide and implement the recordings myself hence why I'm using keyword favourites.

Things would get way to tricky with two devices and considering all my series recordings as well I need to be careful what I record on each pvr.

Marc

mtb

Quote from: Marc-IceTV on November 20, 2008, 04:03:05 PM
Will look into it.
...and the Prefer Standard Definition option?  (please!)
Topfield 5000MP

Vortical

Quote from: Marc-IceTV on November 20, 2008, 04:03:05 PM
Will look into it.

Marc

Looks like this issue with Favourites not showing up in the Upcoming Shows list has now been fixed.
My RSS Feed just indicated a whole heap of Keyword Favourites popped up and when I logged into the Upcoming Shows they were all indicated with the green magnifying glass icon.

Thanks for getting it fixed so quickly  ;D

Vortical

Problem fixed

prl

Just what is the "Quality: Prefer High Definition" setting on a keyword recording supposed to do?

I set up a keyword recording for Kurt Wallander (next episode SBS 00:40 Monday) and I inadvertantly set Quality to "Prefer High Definition". It created a timer for SBS HD on my Beyonwiz DP-S1, even though there is no there is no IceTV entry for the show on SBS HD, and I don't have "Copy SD shows to HD channels" enabled.

It seems that "Prefer High Definition" actually means "Use High Definition, No Matter What!"

As a side-effect of it creating the timer on SBS HD, the recording timer on the Beyonwiz didn't have a proper name (just "*SBS HD").
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Gary

Peter

There are now entries for SBS HD on Ice even if you don't use the copy to SD to HD option so the show is listed there too.

prl

Quote from: Gary on November 30, 2008, 05:51:57 PM
Peter

There are now entries for SBS HD on Ice even if you don't use the copy to SD to HD option so the show is listed there too.
Ah. OK, that explains why it created the timer on SBS HD. However, I don't get any SBS HD IceTV EPG on the Beyonwiz (ACT region), so that's why it didn't get a title on the timer.

Strange setup.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Vortical

Quote from: prl on November 30, 2008, 06:56:15 PM
Peter

Ah. OK, that explains why it created the timer on SBS HD. However, I don't get any SBS HD IceTV EPG on the Beyonwiz (ACT region), so that's why it didn't get a title on the timer.

Strange setup.

Peter is SBS HD ticked in your Account Settings on the IceTV Website?

It certainly exists in the ACT IceTV settings

Vortical

Quote from: prl on November 30, 2008, 02:24:16 PM
It seems that "Prefer High Definition" actually means "Use High Definition, No Matter What!"

This is an extract from the help on Keyword Recording/Favourites
QuoteQuality.
Setting the quality to “Standard Definition” will record only the standard definition version of the show if both a standard definition and high definition broadcast exists. If no standard definition version exists then the show will not record.

Setting the quality to “Prefer High Definition” will record only the high definition version of the show if both a standard definition and high definition broadcast exists. If only a standard definition version exists, then it will record.

As I understand it, it should only record SD if a HD version of the program doesn't exist.

prl

Quote from: Vortical on November 30, 2008, 07:04:38 PM
Quote from: prl on November 30, 2008, 06:56:15 PM
Peter

Strange setup.

Peter is SBS HD ticked in your Account Settings on the IceTV Website?

It certainly exists in the ACT IceTV settings

Yes, it does. I had previously not had SBS HD ticked in my IceTV Account settings, nor in my Widget settings. I ticked both, and waited for an IceTV EPG update, no SBS HD EPG on the Beyonwiz. I reset the IceTV EPG cache on the Beyonwiz, and waited for an IceTV EPG update, still no SBS HD EPG.

Anyway, the Account page says:
QuoteHidden channels are only hidden for the online TV guide and iPhone app. They will still be sent in EPG fetches.

So it shouldn't matter what the account setting is. And it doesn't. The Beyonwiz IceTV EPG is just consistently wrong.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use