Interactive not sending recording schedules

Started by gerke, April 25, 2009, 12:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerke

Hi guys,

I bought a 7100 yesterday and I think I have set it up correctly, but I wanted to check incase I'm missing something. This is my first PVR.

I have the IceTV EPG working (after a firmware upgrade to the latest version), and it is great. I can set up programs to record from the EPG, but when I try to schedule them in Interactive, they don't appear on the PVR.
I have tried waiting several hours, in case it was a time thing, but that hasn't done anything.

I also have the iPhone app, it seems to work to send to the Interactive website, but the website never passes the info onto my PVR, thus never recording anything.

The device is setup under the 'My Account' section, and I have tried the 'Resend all recordings' link with no luck.

Any help or advice would be great.

wally3218

Have you tried pinging IceTV and does your Device Type come up in your TF7100 EPG settings this will indicate it can connect to there servers over the internet.
You could also look at the suggestions in http://forum.itopfield.com.au/Forum58-1.aspx
Once everything is set up correctly you will be ok.
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

gerke

The ping test comes back sucessful. The device appears correctly and passes the IceLink ping as well.

I managed to get it to record one show over interactive, but now the guide is incomplete\missing completly...
Has shows for next week on some channels, but looks like it is very unstable.

eg. the next show in the program for OneHD is the cricket showing on the 1st of May... nothing till then and then it is blank afterwards as well.

I have gone through all the menus and cannot find anything to force a download of the quide, and its starting to really annoy me.
I am in the trial period for IceTV, but if I can't get it working by then, I'll have to go without.

wally3218

I have the full IceTV guide on all channels, I don't think there is anyway to force the TF7100 to download the  IceTV guide. Try in systems settings, EPG Setting ,EPG Type to AIR and recieve the guide and then reset it to IceTV and see how that goes.
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

AMLagonda

I havent seen a way to force a EPG download and that sucks as some times its just not there.

grc

I'm having exactly the same issue as the original poster. Difference for me is that I've had it working fine for 6 months but now all of a sudden it's not. Just like the OP, my recording prefs show up on icetv interactive and the iPhone app, but they don't get to the PVR. My icetv username and password are there in the 7100 and the icetv EPG shows up fine. Just no recording prefs from icetv interactive.

Been trying to figure out why it's not working for a week now.

Ideas?

tonymy01

Have you double checked your mapping anyway?  Do you have duplicate channels in your PVR?   How did you deal with the new "Go" introduction, did you rescan?  This will no doubt have given you duplicate channels as most PVRs didn't really work so well to detect all the hokey pokey that Nein did to the transport stream.    You will have to delete all the duplicates to get it back working correctly.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

grc

I did a factory reset so there were no channels in there. Then I rescanned, added the ice tv details again which seemed to be accepted fine, and now I have the ice EPG working great, but no interactive prefs get sent to the 7100.

wayne05

It would be really nice if any one can come up with a solution to the above problems. I also have had the EPG working for some months now but in the past few weeks the recording scheduling doesn't seem to be read by the pvr. Reformatted HDD factory reset and re scanned channels etc to no avail!! Can send data via filezilla ICE works on the Toppy but info wont send from PC just shows queued.

gib802

This service is a crock.  Was working fine for weeks now it only gives Channel 10 EPG up until midday then just blank.
Nothing suggested seems to fix it.
It sucks having to use the free to air EPG again just to guarentee your shows get recorded.  
Makes you wonder what the point of paying for a premium EPG is if it cant be trusted to work.

tonymy01

Yeah, the Topfield 7x00 is a piece of crock, that is for sure.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

billlee

Just another data point: I set up my Topfield a few weeks ago, and though I was getting the guide, it never recorded any of my IceTV set programmes (I have two other EyeTV units that are working fine and were picking up the slack).

Today I sat down and tried to get it working.
1) I checked the Firmware version - it was the latest version.
2) I tried going into the System Setting>EPG Setting:
  - 'Test Connection' worked fine.
  - 'Update device list' does not do anything. No options are offered when the blue button is pressed.
3) Tried resetting the name and password to my IceTV name and password.
4) 'Test Connection' worked fine.
5) 'Update device list' still does not do anything
6) Tried setting the password to a known incorrect password
7) 'Test Connection' fails
8 ) 'Update device list' still fails (as it should)
9) Set the password back to the correct one
10) 'Test Connection' works again
11) 'Update device list' still does not do anything
12) Went to Installation>Network Setting
13) Created a new DHCP profile whereas I used a static IP number before. Activated this new profile. The network information was tested and was correct for this network.
14) Went back to System Setting>Epg Setting
15) 'Test Connection' works (as expected)
16) 'Update device list' now works for the first time
17) I can now select my Topfield7100 from my list of 3 possible recording devices.
18) Waited about half an hour, and then checked the Timer Settings menu, and found that the Topfield was now populated with IceTV-scheduled programmes. Success!

Conclusion: Though my settings for network using Static IP numbers together with DNS server addresses - both taken from the ADSL modem I use - were correct, something subtle did not allow scheduling of programmes. Even though it did allow the TV guide to be downloaded, the scheduling did not work until the setting of network type was changed from static IP to dynamic. Your milage may vary.

JPP

This is very interesting. I'm experiencing ICETV problems on my 2400 Toppies. I too have Static IP's. I too did change to Dynamic IPs. Worked for a while, then stopped working reliably too. Have a look at the posts in the 2400 UK Oz Toppies threads. I wonder if it has to do with Topfields imlpementation of the ICETV FW? My Beyonwiz had a Static IP address as does my ICETV's IceBox 2. Never missed a beat.

My 7100 while I had it for about 3 months also never missed a beat on a Static IP Address. So does this now point the finger at ICTV? The problem has come about at or shortly after ICETV upgraded the WEB Software to the current version. Unfortunately, that also coincided to some degree with my purchase of the 2400 and sale of the 7100 and Wiz, so I can't go back now to compare wrt Static vs Dynamic IP addressing on these 2 PVRs.

What is also very interesting is that like you, I get the EPG OK most times - it's the timers that don't get through.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

tonymy01

Sorry, but how has your IP address configuration got anything to do with ICE?   If you setup the correct IP address, mask, gateway and DNS (and they all MUST be correct) then your Toppy is free to get out to the net to seek the ICE server.  If your toppy can't do that, then you are pointing your finger in the wrong direction.
Regards
Tony

JPP

Quote from: tonymy01 on October 18, 2009, 12:16:17 PM
Sorry, but how has your IP address configuration got anything to do with ICE?   If you setup the correct IP address, mask, gateway and DNS (and they all MUST be correct) then your Toppy is free to get out to the net to seek the ICE server.  If your toppy can't do that, then you are pointing your finger in the wrong direction.
Like the OP said a couple of posts up Tony, why is it so???. when all logic dictates that it shouldn't make one iota of difference. Interestingly, it was ICETV who also recommended that I test this - change Static to Dynamic IP address. A bit of a head scrather ain't it?

EDIT.
I have sent an email to Daniel of ICETV, pointing to this thread. I think we are beginning to see a common thread between the 7100 and new 2400. Hopefully this will help us get to the bottom of this issue a little faster. It's damm annoying! I have also checked with another 2400 user who lives in Perth and is using Static IP addressing. He's not having any timer updating issues. Is it perhaps a Sydney/NSW issue and then only with Topfield machines? Where do you guys all live?
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor