Skippa IR Remote

Started by russell2200, September 23, 2015, 07:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stretch4x4

Rick I setup my harmony 650 by typing in icetv as the manufacturer and Skippa as the device, it didn't autocomplete the manufacturer or model but it did accept those inputs and work correctly.

Seems to be far more responsive to that remote than the one it shipped with not that I had that many issues with the original..

Leon K

Hi Guys,

You may need to update the database on the remote itself first, as the SKIPPA is listed under IceTV SKIPPA in the Harmony database.

Cheers,
Leon

injidup

Quote from: russell2200 on September 26, 2015, 05:22:12 PM
I was holding off spending that much money on a remote but I think I will bit the bullet and get one.  Looking at the Harmony Ultimate which has the networked HUB , extra IR blasters if you want to plug them in and the remote is NOT IR so it works to the hub through walls etc and the hub then does the IR blasting.

Anyone used one of them ?

I have one. I waited until JBHifi had a 30% off deal on Logitech to help soften the blow. And didn't tell Mrs. Injidup how much to cost!
I'm very happy with it and as I may have to child-proof my system soon, the ability to use it in a closed cabinet will be a bonus.
This is my third Harmony and I've been happy with all of them. Two still in daily use.

IanL-S

Yes, I got an email about that. Very tempting.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

warkus

Just an FYI...

The prices are not that great, unless they are different in different states, I'm not sure...

Looking on the JBHIFI web site all I can see is...

harmony 350
Priced at $44.95 less 30% equals $34.96 according to the web
harmony 650
Priced at $89.95less 30% equals $62.96 according to the web

But yet officeworks have the harmony 650 at STANDARD PRICE of $59.98 on their web site, not on special, that's apparently their normal price... Go figure???

Anyway just thought id mention it in case anyone wants a 650... I have 3 of them in different areas and offices...not as flash as the higher end harmony units but still very good for $60.

Mark

IanL-S

Hi Mark

My thinking also. The Logitech Harmony Ultimate is $343 at JB but only $309 at Scorptec. It can be found on line for under $300.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

russell2200

I held off getting a Harmony due to the cost, however I relented and got a Harmony Ultimate and the best thing I ever did.

From my own personal experience so far with the Harmony Ultimate don't wait , run to your nearest supplier and get one.

1) While I am still waiting for the promised Skippa replacement unit  that I was told was being sent Monday ( no sign of it and its Friday .. PISSED OFF)  I have been able to test it on my Faulty Skippa and:

1) All problems with the dodgy Skippa remote are gone and Skippa responds fine to the Harmony remote ( fail Ice TV for using a cheap remote and or badly placed IR receiver in the unit) I assume this is 100% due to the blanket IR blasting the Harmony is able to do.  As well as the base station puck I am using the 2 additional IR blasters placed. This to me proves that the various people including myself reporting crappy remote experiences has to be the cheap Skippa remote.

A bit digressing from Skippa but I have the following equipment

Pioneer AV receiver
Apple TV
4 x Sonos Speakers
Samsung TV
Skippa

The Harmony , once setup, is a dream to control it all with 1 button push turning ON everything it should, putting each device on the right input and channel.  With the Harmonies touch and swipe LCD screen it was even able to replicate the Apple TV control.

So all in all works great with Skippa even if Skippa is still crashing and freezing and no promised replacement in sight yet.

TimC

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 26, 2015, 11:45:37 PM
(The following first 3 paragraphs are the same as I posted in another thread)

My Skippa remote control puts out a very strong signal. Strong enough to point away from the Skippa and bounce off the wall behind me and still operate the Skippa 2 metres in front of me. I can also put 3 towels over the front of the remote and still operate the Skippa (4 towels were too much, as was 1 thick doona). I didn't have access to the Menacing Thick Fluffy Blanket (MTBF) that www.remotecentral.com use as their standardized(sic) test for measuring the infrared performance of universal remote controls.
I agree I have found the signal is actually too strong.

I have a HDMI extender passing HDMI & IR to the bedroom. 

I found I had to cover the IR emitter on the Skippa remote with several layers of Leukapore tape to get it all to work.

Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

sam

Quote from: pnkoshea on September 28, 2015, 05:59:38 AM
Hi Guys,

Can I ask what manufacturer & model code you used to get the Harmony to work?  I tried to set up my Harmony 200 and was nt able to find a manufacturer/model code that worked (Al Tech PVR9600 didn't) and then the Harmony would not register the Skippa's IR beam for manual configuration.

Any/All help appreciated!!

Cheers,
Rick

Hi Rick,

I have a Harmony 650 Universal Remote and have setup SKIPPA. The 'MyHarmony' setup accepted Manufacturer: IceTV DVR

Hope that helps you.
Cheers,
Sam