Issues with Program Guide?

Started by The_Hawk, February 28, 2012, 07:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optimistic

I've had the exact same problem since mid/late February and it keeps occurring on a daily basis now.

I'm glad that IceTV have confirmed the bug but Humax support so far has been non-existant after emailing them twice about this issue. Hopefully we'll get a new firmware soon...

swamprat96

I'm approaching "over it" status with this issue. Its now March- the product was launched in August last year and the bug still exists. Last firmware was January and its well and truly time for a fix. My EPG is down again tonight

I bought Humax because it seemed a larger organisation with a world wide market. Its behaving like yet another tiny company.

andya

IceTV Support, can you provide any further updates on these issues (both your one and Humax's one)?

Andy

Dave at IceTV

Have you guys reconfirmed your IceTV account details in the last 2 weeks? If not, please do it now.

Go to "Menu > Settings > Preferences > EPG Type > IceTV > Existing"
    - Press OK on the onscreen Confirm button in the Member ID / Password menu
    - Press OK on the onscreen Confirm button in the Region / Device menu
    - Exit the menu
    - Wait 2 minutes before checking the guide

If you have any failed shows listed in My Week (with the yellow triangle icon) then please set single recordings for those shows on the Humax. Then next week they will resume being automatically scheduled for you.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

swamprat96

Hi Dave,
Yes I've had to reconfirm my account about once a week. It would be nice to get some input from Humax though.

The_Hawk

I'm thinking about testing the FTA guide instead to see how that works...

At this point the ICETV guide (while in theory it's awesome) seems to miss as many shows as it manages to record, that and the padding issues mean that half of what it actually does manage to record miss the end (although to be fair that is about 60% the networks fault rather than ICETV/Humax).

swamprat96

Completely wiped EPG again tonight. Changed to fta EPG and back again, reconfirmed icetv settings with no change. I then powered off and on again and fixed it.

But I had booked the rugby test for tomorrow night via the web from work. I wonder if that broke it? icetv has his been checked?

swamprat96

And gone again tonight. What's going on icetv.

This time I fixed it by simply powering it off by the rear switch- and switching on again. When it disappears you can see the patterns where the slots were but not the text. Its the same issue mentioned that started this thread and its only started reoccurring this last week.

This unit is getting a caning on the whirlpool forums. Must be hurting sales.

Dave at IceTV

We were unsuccessful in working around the issue - it just came back a week later, or sooner. But the good news is that it will be fixed soon.

In the meantime you can go back to the previous firmware version which did not have this bug.
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/21269627-downgrade-humax-to-version-1-04-00

Differences in 1.04.00 are:
- No indication if a show is a Repeat.
- DLNA streaming broken for Humax ts files.
- Recordings copied to USB cannot be played on a PC.
- Startup network check results in false error (can be avoided by turning off power saving).
- * No Custom region option.

* The lack of a custom region could be a big issue for customers in regional areas who have needed to specify specific channels numbers (LCNs) in their account. If you are using the 'Custom' region setting in the Humax's IceTV menu then do not go back to the 1.04 firmware.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

swamprat96

Thanks Dave -appreciated. So a firmware update is iminent?

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: swamprat96 on June 09, 2012, 09:08:33 PM
Thanks Dave -appreciated. So a firmware update is iminent?
I would not say imminent just yet. Due to the number of other issues on the 'to be fixed' list, plus whatever new features Humax are adding, and the time it can take to be sure that the padding issue is fixed (it can take a week before it happens) I'd guestimate another month minimum before a new firmware is publicly released.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

swamprat96

I don't know if its related but since turning off the standby power options I'm losing the guide far more often now. A simple power cycle fixes it but just putting it out there as there does seem to be a tie in