Main Menu

Replacement SSD

Started by NBOSTI, November 04, 2023, 06:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NBOSTI

So, now that the replacement SSD's have been available and sent out, are users finding that it has been the "fix" for their bugs?
I watch these forums and have not seen any/much on how the IceBox is performing with the new drive installed.
Has it fixed most issues experienced by users? Or are there underlying Kodi problems?
Just would like to know before deciding on a purchase.

vader1111

It's fixed most, but not all, of the problems.

The one outstanding issue that I'm aware of is program updates sometimes resulting in incorrect timers being programmed on the IceBox - resulting in repeats before (i.e. a repeat of the previous week's episode), or after (possibly in SD, on a multi-channel).

Dan is looking into this, but the somewhat random and infrequent nature of the problem is making bug hunting difficult.

IanL-S

As far as I can see the swap has fixed the issues that it was expected to fix. As noted in prior post, it does not address issues related to software - LibreELEC, KODI and TVHeadend.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

TimC

If found that the new SSD fixed the Read Only issue, but it was combination of the new SSD and the new firmware that made the IceBox more stable.

Quote from: vader1111 on November 05, 2023, 12:26:42 AMThe one outstanding issue that I'm aware of is program updates sometimes resulting in incorrect timers being programmed on the IceBox - resulting in repeats before (i.e. a repeat of the previous week's episode), or after (possibly in SD, on a multi-channel).

I may be misinterpreting the issue, but I am wondering if this is a programming Bug or an EPG data issue.

I used to get a very occasional similar issue on my Skippa and Toppys. A check of the EPG data usually showed the program incorrectly labelled as a Repeat (or not a Repeat, depending on your settings). i.e. If your timer is set to record only new programs and the EPG incorrectly showed a repeat as a New Program, it would be recorded.

I also found that occasionally the first episode of a new season wouldn't get recorded, because the EPG showed the episode as a Repeat.

While it would be nice if IceTV did a thorough check of the Source EPG data to fix these issues before sending the EPG to us, it is an unrealistic expectation. I can't imagine anyone would be able to spot these types of errors consistently. We humans have our limits.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)