No Audio at Power-on

Started by DeltaMikeCharlie, May 12, 2023, 11:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaMikeCharlie

I have found that if I power-on my IceTV box BEFORE I power-on my TV, then I get no sound.  Apparently, this is a known feature of Kodi.

To resolve the issue, I went into Settings|System|Audio and changed the 'Audio output device' from the USB device that Kodi had selected to my 'HDMI #0' device where the screen was connected.

No message is associated with this attachment.

I expected this to revert the next time I powered-on the IceBox prior to the screen, however, so far the manual setting seems to have stayed in place.

IanL-S

DMC, odd that the audio output was set to USB Device. During installation it should have selected HDMI #0 (which is HDMI 1 on the box following Linux usage). In very early beta testing we had to check this setting, but had not needed to look at it for many months.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

TimC

I find that the IceBox tends to default to HDMI 1 as the source regardless of which port the cable is plugged into.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

TimC

Can someone provide an overview of what sort of processing the various bits of software in the IceBox actually do?

There seems to be:
   KODI Software
   LibreELECT Software
   IceTV Software (Tvheadend?)

Where does the http://[IceBox IP]:9981/ fit in?
Where does the HDMI Processing (and audio) get done?

Is there a forum page where this is discussed?

DeltaMikeCharlie

Quote from: TimC on July 23, 2023, 02:08:11 AMCan someone provide an overview of what sort of processing the various bits of software in the IceBox actually do?

There seems to be:
  KODI Software
  LibreELECT Software
  IceTV Software (Tvheadend?)

Where does the http://[IceBox IP]:9981/ fit in?
Where does the HDMI Processing (and audio) get done?

Is there a forum page where this is discussed?

• LibreELEC is a minimal Linux distribution, it is the 'Operating System'.  It comes bundled with Kodi and tvheadend and practically nothing else.
  • tvheadend is a program that runs in background and is responsible for receiving and recording the TV signals.
  • Kodi is the interface that you deal with when you use the IceBox.  It communicates with tvheadend to view live TV, set up and play recordings, etc.
  • IceTV Software - Communications between the IceBox and the IceTV servers is managed by an 'addon' module running in Kodi.  Technically, LibreELEC has also been reconfigured by IceTV to work on the IceBox.
  • The whole 'http://[IceBox IP]:9981/' thing is for power-users and allows direct access to tvheadend.  The IceBox setup wizard normally removes the need for users to access tvheadend this way.
  • HDMI/audio processing is done by Kodi.

TimC

Would the Key Code interpretation happen in Kodi?

DeltaMikeCharlie

Quote from: TimC on July 27, 2023, 08:50:02 PMWould the Key Code interpretation happen in Kodi?
I'm sorry for the delay, I'm not sure why I did not answer this when you asked.

It depends what you mean by 'Key Code interpretation'.  As far as I know, the operating system (LibreELEC) interprets the codes coming in from the attached remote control unit(s), keyboards, other devices and provides standardised codes to the application (Kodi).  Within Kodi, these key codes are then mapped to various internal functions.

Although this post is specifically about Topfield remote controls, the following gives some additional information:
https://oztoppy.forumchitchat.com/post/remote-control-testing-12529503

The RCU provided with the IceBox just produces standard USB HID (human interface device) output that is already part of the OS.  The third party Flirc device also does this.

If you are using an external infrared receiver, the IR signals are first processed by LIRC which then produces standard Linux events that Kodi can use.