Cannot get rid of How It's Made

Started by Ian_AW, April 30, 2024, 07:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian_AW

G'day,

I cannot get rid of How It's Made.

I have deleted the timers, but when I go to IceTV, there is no option to remove the timer or no longer make it a favourite. It keeps on recording episodes.

I have tried this on the iOS app and via the the web app.

IanL-S

Ian, what PVR are you using? If it is an IceBox, it is possible that the original timer was created using the IceBox Timer Rules, in that case you will need to delete the timer rule on the IceBox. With the current firmware, when a timer rule "creates" a timer, it is uploaded to the IceTV Server, and if you delete the timer on the IceBox, that is the timer listing (not the timer rule) or via the IceTV app, the timer rule will recreate that timer.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Ian,

I could see two airings left only for the coming week, and have cancelled these two holdovers and it looks like they have not been re-created.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Ian_AW

Quote from: IanL-S on April 30, 2024, 03:08:06 PMIan, what PVR are you using? If it is an IceBox, it is possible that the original timer was created using the IceBox Timer Rules, in that case you will need to delete the timer rule on the IceBox. With the current firmware, when a timer rule "creates" a timer, it is uploaded to the IceTV Server, and if you delete the timer on the IceBox, that is the timer listing (not the timer rule) or via the IceTV app, the timer rule will recreate that timer.

I am using the IceBox.

It is not that the timer keeps showing up because of some other event. There is no option to update or remove the timer. I can go to the timer list, select and delete, and then in a minute or so there is a message telling me the timer has been created.

I have been through the same thing using the web page and the iOS app,

IanL-S

Ian, thanks for the additional information - clearly a different problem to the one I had about two weeks ago. Hopefully @Daniel Hall has resolved the problem.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help