TenHD missing data?

Started by Craigus, June 28, 2006, 07:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigus

Is it just me not seeing random Ten HD data?

There seems to be a whole lot of shows missing (showing 'Unknown')

Cheers.

Shane

Quote from: Craigus on June 28, 2006, 07:59:12 PM
Is it just me not seeing random Ten HD data?

There seems to be a whole lot of shows missing (showing 'Unknown')

Cheers.

Craig,

This is the way the IceTV HD data works at this stage. The idea is this: anywhere the Ice team know for certain that a show will be shown in "Real HD" (ie not SD scaled up, but 576p, 720p or 1080i native) they will place that info in the "HD" channel guide data.

This works as it is, however some of use here have asked for this to be changed for some of the channels (Ten is the perfect example) that no longer have demo loops.

The way I'd like it to work is to:

1. Remove all of the "HD" flags on shows on the SD Channels (as the SD channels can't show that program in HD)
2. Put the "full channel data" (ie SD & HD) on the HD channels that no longer have a demo loop (like Ten)
3. Flag the shows on the HD channel that are actually "Real HD" as HD.

That way the SD channels will be all SD, and the HD channels will be SD except where a show is in HD. This is the way Media Center is supposed to work - if the guide shows the HD icon/logo then that particular show is being broadcast and displayed on that channel in HD.

I hope that makes sense.  :)

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Craigus

Ahh. I see! Thanks It kinda makes sence (in a weird kinda way)

I have come over from freeXMLTV, It's shows all data for all channels all the time.. I don't really care if the show is full HD or not I mainly use the HD channels for the audio.

I agree, 'your way' for the HD channels not showing 'loops' would be perfect!

Cheers.

Craigus

WOW.. Tonight it's out of control.. Hardly a bloody thing shown on all the channels? All either Unknown or No data Available.. Seems pointless having an EPG!

Marc

I'm not suggesting that the EPG maybe doesn't need a change, however... could you just associate the SD channel on the EPG with the HD channel on your tuner?

Shane

Marc,

Unfortunately under Media Center you can only associate one channel feed to one channel. Trying to set it for another channel clears the first association. I'm not sure if this is the same for other platforms.

Which means HD channel only (which may be suitable for some) for this to work... but sometimes I don't want to record the HD version and want to record the SD version to save HDD space.

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Marc

Thanks Shane. Good point.

Hmmm... Not easy to switch between the two, and recording upscaled video isn't fun or smart for anyone. I don't think there's an easy solution. I guess the best way is to have both SD and HD listings up in the guide and choose which to record as you schedule.