SBS 2 Digital and Vista RTM

Started by impact, November 20, 2006, 11:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

impact

Just playing around with Vista Ultimate - RTM - So official release stuff...

Found it easy as to get it installed and tuners installed etc... Even found icetv to be painless to install as always

However, using my postcode of 3000, doing the scan etc.. I have been able to map all channels to the appropriate guide listings - except for SBS Digital 2. In the list of guide channels I only get SBS and SBS HD - No SBS DIGITAL 2.

Thinking maybe there was a problem - just checked on my MCE 2005 machine and yes the guide listings are there... Something strange with Vista and its enquiry to ICETV to not get the SBS DIGITAL 2 returned ?

impact

In the previous post I made one small mistake - I am not getting SBS HD either... dont care for this - but I do want to get SBS News / Digital 2 channel to make the guide full...

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Actually it looked like SBS Digital 2 was missing some data, this has been corrected now, any new fetches will have the correct data and the channel will be able to be mapped.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

impact

Yep - Works beautifully now....

Ta

One problem solved - a million more to go...

jatho

I'm in brisbane postcode 4066, using vista ultimate, pimp installed, ice installed... update workaround done.

Problem is - SBS is not being detected [any SBS channels] It seems that the guide data may be available for SBS since it gives me the option to assign SBS data to other channels in the "assign guide data to channels". But the problem is SBS is not listed as a channel.

Any ideas - is this a tuner problem, a vista problem or an ice problem?

thanks

zoszos68

Quote from: jatho on February 08, 2007, 09:00:24 AM
I'm in brisbane postcode 4066, using vista ultimate, pimp installed, ice installed... update workaround done.

Problem is - SBS is not being detected [any SBS channels] It seems that the guide data may be available for SBS since it gives me the option to assign SBS data to other channels in the "assign guide data to channels". But the problem is SBS is not listed as a channel.

Any ideas - is this a tuner problem, a vista problem or an ice problem?

thanks

Strange I don't get SBS(UHF 29 Melbourne) either when scanning in mc Vista.  I do however get SBS on the set top box for the tv.

I am lucky though as the part of Melbourne I am in (Dromana) has a translator (Safety Beach) on the higher UHF frequencies which it can scan of the back of the antenna.

The antenna should point the other way to the local transmitter but it's a rented flat so haven't had a good chance to get on the roof. The antenna has probably been up long before the translators where built.

I will soon try the Dvico (my tv card) software to see if it gets SBS Melbourne.
Zos

saikotdu

I am facing a strange problem. In my Sony Bravia 52" LCD, all the SBS channels were running fine. Then all of a sudden one month ago
SBS digital and SBS 2 have gone missing. SBS HD is coming smooth just like before. At first I thought it must be SBS signal problem or they are just tuning or changing signals and it will be fixed automatically. But they are still missing. Any idea anyone where the problem is??

World Cup is gonna start very soon and I don't want to take a risk of having only SBS one only as they may reply those late night matches in SBS 2.     

saikotdu

Also I am living in an apartment and connect tv signals through wall socket.

tonymy01

Erase your channels and scan again, SBS did some re-arrangements (ages ago now really) and this confused many boxes.    Maybe a simple rescan (rather than erase and scan) might fix it.   Hmm, vista, dunno what options there are.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).