Main Menu

EPG Issue in BYO?

Started by raymondjpg, December 26, 2023, 02:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on April 09, 2024, 02:33:37 PMIs it all channels? or just some channels?
Without looking at all 25 channels I have enabled, I can confirm the one hour later issue is apparent on all primary SD channels as of now i.e. ABC1, SBS, 10, Prime7 and 9SD. A quick look at other channels suggests all.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

raymondjpg

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on April 09, 2024, 02:33:37 PMIs it all channels? or just some channels?
A reboot appear to have resolved the EPG one hour late issue, but not the timer rule issue which is still setting timers 10 hours later than they should be.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

IanL-S

The ten hour late for timer rules timers setting suggest that it max have something to do with the time used by the IceBox. Could it be that the IceBox uses UTC +0 but those local timers being set UTC+ 10? I will see if I can replicate the problem on one of my BYOB.

Are you using Timer Rule or timer rule (guide based)

Update: Just set a timer rule for recording 18:00 to 18:30 and it comes through as starting at 04:00 tomorrow. Looks like UTC offset related problem. This is not for a guide based timer, Guide based timers work correctly.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

raymondjpg

Quote from: IanL-S on April 09, 2024, 04:26:50 PMAre you using Timer Rule or timer rule (guide based)
Timer rule. It looks to me like there are similar issues with guide based timer rules. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, EIT offset in the Network config is currently set at UTC (i.e. UTC+0). Setting to UTC-10 or local (server) time makes no difference to the behaviour. It's been pointed out in the TVHeadend thread I referenced that it might be due the current setting (UTC+0) being set already in muxes and services. When I get some time I'll take a look at clearing out muxes and services in a test VM installation and see if resetting the offset carries through on a re-scan.

raymondjpg

Quote from: raymondjpg on April 09, 2024, 05:15:54 PM...I'll take a look at clearing out muxes and services in a test VM installation and see if resetting the offset carries through on a re-scan.
Clearing out muxes and services, resetting EIT offset to Local (server) time and Force Scan makes no difference to the behaviour. It is also manifest in Timer rules set in the Web UI, so looks like a TVHeadend rather than LibreELEC/Kodi issue.

Other than that I am out of ideas.