I Have lost the Sound on my Beyonwiz T2

Started by alibil, May 21, 2024, 12:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alibil

Hello all I Need help My beyonwiz T2 has suddenly started recording Channel 10 with weak or non existent Sound 
and only on Channel 10 - Can anyone help - I have done a factory reset and downloaded the latest Firmware but it didn't help - when I am watching channel 10 through the recorder there is no problem the sound is great but once it is recorder the sound is mucked up and inaudible ? "HELP"

IanL-S

Never seen this. As the sound is part of the *.ts (transmission stream) it is difficult to explain what you are seeing. I have never seen this on any of my Beyonwiz units.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

raymondjpg

10HD is the only channel in Canberra broadcasting 5.1 channel AC3 sound. It's possible that this is causing your sound issues on playback.

Unfortunately it looks like the Beyonwiz forum has died, but I seem to recall some posts about AC3 downmix, and Google (limited in what it shows of the forum posts) has "AC3 downmix is on by default" and "If downmixing is enabled then all channels are treated the same".

I'd take a look at that, and if downmixing is off (or disabled), then try on (or enabled).
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

IanL-S

It is possible that the Beyonwiz forum is archived on the Wayback Machine (https://wayback-api.archive.org/
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help