IceTV Customer Support (or lack of)

Started by antman, November 01, 2008, 09:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antman

What is with IceTV's Customer Support? The website says that their Customer Support hours on weekends and public holidays are 12pm-6pm "Sydney time" but I called them twice (at 12;20pm and 5:20pm "Sydney time" and got recorded messages both times) and emailed them twice (around 12-12:30pm) today and had no response.

I registered for a free trial back in early September and then my Vista machine had a hard drive failure and had to go off to be repaired under warranty. When it came back, I requested the 2 week extension of the free trial so that I could check out the IceTV guide properly. Unfortunately, this was on a Saturday and it didn't look like it was going to be processed until Monday so I decided to fork out the $13 for a month instead. Paid Saturday evening, 11 October, processed immediately and had the guide working within about half an hour.

On Monday I received an email saying that they had extended my free trial by 2 weeks.

Today, I go to look at the guide and it says that my IceTV subscription has expired. This is clearly well short of 1 month since I paid for a 1 month subscription and obviously the free trial has overridden my paid subscription, but the $13 is still showing as debited from my credit card - no refund, so I should still have until, at least, 11 November before my paid subscription expires. Instead, I have a useless guide on my machine and I'm out of pocket.

Now, I would expect that this could be fixed up pretty quickly so I'm pretty pi$$ed off that IceTV does not provide Customer support during it's advertised hours. Isn't that part of what you pay a subscription fee for? If this is typical of their level of Customer support, then perhaps I won't bother continuing with them.

Marc

Hi Antman.

I'm sure this will be fixed quickly by the customer support guys. Please either post you username here or send it to me (as a private message on this forum) and I'll make sure your account is amended.

antman

What a f#cking surprise. It's 2pm "Sydney time" and still nobody is answering the Customer Support line, no response to my emails and I've pm'd my user ID to this Marc character 3 hours ago and still my subscription has expired. I'm getting really f#cking pi$$ed off with this pathetic level of service. Why bother to advertise your support hours on the website and on the recorded message on the Customer Support line if you don't actuallyprovide any support.

Pull your finger out IceTV, this is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

tonymy01

It is a weekend, I am sure ICE is running on skeleton staff (one or two probably, for the whole week!) and so they may not be able to provide good support at the best of times, let alone the weekend.   Your aggression on the forum is not likely to help you really.   
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

antman

What, they can't even answer an email or a phone message? Give me a break. I've been trying to sort out a simple problem since midday yesterday and have had absolutely no response whatsoever from them. Not even a courtesy call or email saying that they will deal with the problem. Skeleton staff? No excuse for being totally unresponsive.

My aggression may not help to fix the problem but it sure makes me feel better, so it's helping.

Marc

Antman: You're account has been updated, with a little bit extra. Sorry for the inconvenience.

martymonster

Yep, 24 hours and he has not even had the decency to say thankyou.
Quick to complain and throw a tantrum like a 2 year old but slow to say thanks.