C31 Has gone AWOL

Started by csutak40, June 26, 2017, 03:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

At first I thought they may have stopped transmitting, but they are still there, but no EPG in IceTV for them  :P
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

MD

Hi Judy,

C31 will cease broadcasting on 30 June.  Their EPG data which they supply to IceTV has been sporadic at best and we have not been sent any for this last week.  We are predicting the rest of the month from our database and then, yes, they will go AWOL as far as FTA is concerned.  They will still "broadcast" over the internet, OTT as it is known.

MD

Well, well, they've just been given another 11th hour reprieve and a 6 month extension so we'll have to do their guide data for another 6 months (for a commercially unprofitable number of viewers!!).  Their EPG data is always flaky, sometimes just a show name, no synopsis, and with gaps where we don't know what they will broadcast.  So please accept what we publish as it really is the best we can do in the circumstances.

Dave

We appreciate whatever you can do.
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

csutak40

Quote from: Dave on June 27, 2017, 08:20:12 PM
We appreciate whatever you can do.
Dave.
Me too!
Just watched one of the shows I watch and he had a farewell party, bubbly and all  ;D  (said he will be back on youtube later in the year, but this was the last show on TV etc.  Wonder what he'll do now.  Melba or Johnny Farnham anyone?)
I wonder why they keep doing these last minute reprieves? 
Yeah, the EPG is quite flaky, but I'm used to it now.  They also never mark shows as repeats.  I watch 3 shows, 2 of them get repeated  at least 3 times a week. :-)  Unless I remember to cancel two of them, it records all :P
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,