Automatic switching on/off Beyonwiz from IceTV

Started by rickym, May 03, 2011, 12:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickym

I know I can automatically switch on my Beyonwiz from within Beyonwiz itself when recording a TV show, however, I can't see how to do that from IceTV.  Can it be done?  I would prefer to not have to leave Beyonwiz switched on all the time and save electricity.  Also, I am away a lot and my wife is not all that familiar with computers to look after it all in my absence.  Anyway, she's not interested.  So, I'd like to be able to control all this remotely through IceTV if I can. 

grampus

Quote from: rickym on May 03, 2011, 12:13:45 PM
I know I can automatically switch on my Beyonwiz from within Beyonwiz itself when recording a TV show, however, I can't see how to do that from IceTV.  Can it be done?  I would prefer to not have to leave Beyonwiz switched on all the time and save electricity.  Also, I am away a lot and my wife is not all that familiar with computers to look after it all in my absence.  Anyway, she's not interested.  So, I'd like to be able to control all this remotely through IceTV if I can. 
You can't get Ice to switch the box on.
But what a number of folk do is, in the Beyonwiz, create a daily "View only" timer, for say 1 hour each day.  there is a field that allows record or view in the timer setup.
Wakes it up, for an hour allows updates from Ice, the goes bye byes again.

BeyonWiz, T3

tonymy01

1hour??  Mine is 10mins (even 5mins is enough, given as soon as the LAN is up and running, the PVR asks ICE for the latest EPG and timers).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

grampus

Quote from: tonymy01 on May 03, 2011, 07:08:54 PM
1hour??  Mine is 10mins (even 5mins is enough, given as soon as the LAN is up and running, the PVR asks ICE for the latest EPG and timers).
I'm a bit of a charlie brown, if there;s a network glitch it'll happen to me I figure.
I give it an hour in case the first request misses, and I have to wait for the next half hour or so.
BeyonWiz, T3