This is driving me nuts!!

Started by RodSmith, March 10, 2010, 11:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RodSmith

I've been trying to get my Beyonwiz box to record Good Game:SP and I keep getting that little yellow triangle error icon, along with the message "Recording of this show failed..." - but no explanation as to why?!?

All my other shows record fine. I've added some screen grabs of the error message from the IceTV Interactive website.

Can someone who knows what they are talking about (maybe an IceTV employee) give me some help here please?

PIC of the failure message - "Recording of this show failed on the device: MAINREC" - not a terribly useful error message - I kind of already figured out that it failed - the error message would be more helpful if it told me WHY it failed.

Also .. in case it helps...
PIC of the settings for the series recording.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance
Rod

tonymy01

Do you have ABC3 properly scanned in on your Wiz?  Perhaps you should delete all the ABC channels on the Wiz and rescan, as it could be that you don't have the ABC3 pointing to the proper pids when ABC jumbled a few things around and brought in ABC3.   Ensure you also delete the two radio channels.   You delete by pressing the list key in live viewing and follow the help prompts in there (get out of your favourites group and view all channels).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

RodSmith

Thanks Tony,
I'll give this a go and post an update here to advise how it went.

Cheers,
Rod.

RodSmith

OK - did a partial scan and the ABC entries all seem to be back there now. I'll re-queue all my recordings and see what happens.

tonymy01

Yeah, you will need to go to all shows set for ABC in the ICE upcoming shows option and click the "record" option for this week I think once you purge the channels and rescan them.   Perhaps the "resend all" from the Account settings page might work also.   I assume you deleted all ABCs (including ABC1/2/3/HD/ spares of those and the 2 radio channels) and did a partial scan (for VHF12 in many/most areas)?
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: tonymy01 on March 11, 2010, 09:31:33 AM
...  I assume you deleted all ABCs (including ABC1/2/3/HD/ spares of those and the 2 radio channels) and did a partial scan (for VHF12 in many/most areas)?
Regards
ABC Digital is on channel 12 in Canberra, Central Western Slopes (NSW), Sydney, Cann River (Vic), Melbourne,  Brisbane, Mitchell (Qld), St George (Qld), Adelaide, Perth, Tom Price (WA) and Wyndham (WA). It's probably the right channel for most people (all state & territory capitals except Darwin & Hobart), but certainly not for most, or even many, areas.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

RodSmith

Ok - the ABC3 shows (set up a recording for a few others to test this out) all seem to have the little red-circle icon which tells me that the series recording is scheduled to go.. so I guess (so far) it's looking good.

I'll know for sure when the first one records.

Thanks heaps Tony - I really appreciate it!!

Rod.

tonymy01

You don't need to wait until the 1st one records, simply "popup-timer list" to see your timers (ICE or otherwise).
Regards
Tony