No guide data for past week (error13)

Started by Dazzler24, September 27, 2009, 02:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazzler24

Hi all,
Has anyone had this problem?
I've not received guide updates for the past week and have been getting an error 13 when MCE tries to do an update.  I'm with aaNET and have seen earlier posts alluding to 'issues'.  I've checked the forum at aaNET but haven't seen any reports of the same problem? Seems odd as everything has been working OK up to last week.  My internet connection still works fine, I've tried turning the firewall off, the IctTV interactive widget is telling me that I'm getting the updates?!?!

Any clues or suggestions?

bikeboy

Hi,
I've just noticed that I have exactly the same issue and, coincidentally, use the same ISP.
Same symptoms, HTPC 'net connection works fine, IceTV updates ok, but Vista MCE reports error 13.

Thanks for the heads up re. the aanet forums, I'll repost here if I find a solution.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We have been in contact with Eftel regarding this issue.

It seems to be with DFT's proxy servers (they are Eftel and aaNet's wholesale provider). It is currently under investigation and we are hoping it will be resolved shortly. Our service status page (under the Help section) has been updated, and I will post here when we get any more information.

To confirm, this is affecting guide downloads only at this stage (and people will get an error 13), but IceTV Interactive does not appear to be affected.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

wfdonald

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Yep, its definitely affecting both ISP's.

To confirm we have been in further contact with both aaNet and Eftel and are hoping for a resolution very shortly, and will post back as soon as this is confirmed.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

grunner

Another unhappy AAnet'er with the same issue.  I even tested my media centre on a TPG and Telstra ADSL link with my modem and I was able to get the guide.  Anybody willing to recommend a reliable ISP, I don't care about cost, I am more concerned with service.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

I have just spoken with aaNet now and it appears that there current fix needs to be applied for each account individually, that being the case the best option would be to call them to have this done to your account.

If aaNet need additional information the case number that we had with them was 11429443.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Another update now.

Eftel have a fix in place and this should now be fine for all Eftel users.

Aanet our now putting the same fix in place and this should hopefully be fixed shortly for any remaining aaNet users that are still affected.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

tonymy01

Are you able to elude at what they were doing?  Isn't the net meant to be transparent?  Are they running NAT, that would suck... (or the Government filter would equally suck)?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The wholesale provider is DFT (dft.com.au) for both ISP's, and for both ISP's there is a transparent proxy in use.

The IP address for the IceTV server has been added to the exclusion list for both Eftel and aaNet now so all traffic to IceTV's servers will not be cached/proxied.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.