Using HD Homerun with IceBox

Started by IanV, April 21, 2024, 01:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanV

Has anyone been successful in using a HDHomerun as the tuner for an IceBox?  I'd be grateful for a simple how to.

IanV

TimC

Ian,

Given that no one else has answered yet, I suspect the answer is no, but it might be worth having a look on the BYOB (Bring Your Owm Box) pages. 
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

IanL-S

At one time it was possible to do so with LibreELEC but thing may have changed (see LireELEC forum post)
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Daniel Hall at IceTV

It's a solid 'maybe'.

While it works fine with tvheadend, the current auto setup of the IceBox only supports configuration of directly attached tuners (either via USB or internally).
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

IanV

SOLVED
Thanks for all your comments.  While the automatic scan was starting, nothing was being scanned.  I then inserted a tuner in the USB port but with no antenna attached.  This time, the scan started, channels were found and all worked.  To be certain, I removed the USB tuner, leaving only the HDHomerun and it continues to work.

I decided to replace the USB tuner (no antenna) just in case it wouldn't rescan.

Ian 

Daniel Hall at IceTV

You should remove the USB tuner if there is no antenna attached as it will cause issues.

However, if you go into the TVHeadEnd web page (http://icebox_ip_address:9981) and then into "Configuration" => "DVB Inputs" => "TV adapters".

On this page you will see the HDHomeRun tuners, select each one, then on the Parameters on the right hand side ensure that "Enabled" is checked and that under "Networks" you have "DVB-T Network" selected. Make sure you click "Save" at the bottom of the parameters on each of the tuners, you must save before going to the next tuner.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.