EPG now only 10 rows

Started by kguest, January 26, 2021, 08:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kguest

Not sure weather IceTv or beyonwiz T4 but epg yesterday would show 20 lines of epg, all my stations. (Sydney), this morning only 10 and have to scroll down for next 10, any ideas

prl

If you mean the EPG displayed on the TV by your Beyonwiz, then the number of rows displayed has nothing to do with IceTV. The number of rows shown in the EPG can be changed (from live TV) with EPG, MENU>Number of rows. You might also want to change Event font size and Service font size. Both are sizes relative to the default size, so setting them to, say, -2, makes the text 2 pixels shorter than the default.

The default value is 8, so the most likely reasons for a change to 10 rows change are:

• You changed the setting without realising that you'd changed it or without realising what the setting did.
  • You restored settings from an old settings file where the number of rows was saved as 10.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

kguest

Quote from: prl on January 26, 2021, 09:12:29 AM
If you mean the EPG displayed on the TV by your Beyonwiz, then the number of rows displayed has nothing to do with IceTV. The number of rows shown in the EPG can be changed (from live TV) with EPG, MENU>Number of rows. You might also want to change Event font size and Service font size. Both are sizes relative to the default size, so setting them to, say, -2, makes the text 2 pixels shorter than the default.

The default value is 8, so the most likely reasons for a change to 10 rows change are:

• You changed the setting without realising that you'd changed it or without realising what the setting did.
  • You restored settings from an old settings file where the number of rows was saved as 10.

Yes thanks, interesting
3 rows give me 9 rows, 5 rows gives me 10 rows, 7, 8, 9, 10,11,12 13 gives me 13 rows, at -6 event and service size
15 rows at -8 font size give me 8 rows.
20 rows at -8 give 10 rows
13 rows with smallest fonts is 8 rows
Assumed 20 would give me 20 rows
Thanks just a matter of trying different settings

prl

If I set 20 rows with the default font sizes, I get 20 rows in with View mode in set to either =Graphics or Text, and whether Picture in graphics is enabled or not. When I set 3 rows, I see 3 rows, in all four states.

The number of rows may not be exact when the row height is small, because the internal software control is the row height, so there can be some roundoff error, but it shouldn't give the wild variation that you're seeing. The font size doesn't enter into this calculation.

You should be able to set the number of rows, and then adjust the font sizes to suit.

The last page of the EPG may not show the full number of channels.

That's in firmware 20210119.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

kguest

running 20191106 as build and release from system info
updated T4 a couple of days ago via USB
no updates available through software manager
tried default font size still same number of rows but text too big

kguest

Been with Beyonwiz for over 10 years, with these problems with T4 (plus dead second tuner and lost TV aerial output), I booted up my very old P2, it lasted an hour before dying, so purchased new V2 because of availability of add skipping and IceTV.