Main Menu

New shows

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, June 22, 2010, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Spotted screening after Jack Irish on ABC Thursday 11 February, No Offence (Series 1 : Episode 1). It's on ABC, so must be good eh, given that IceTV considers that ABC and SBS viewers deserve special treatment when it comes to repeats. And this isn't even a repeat [pause for cheers and fireworks] well I don't think so anyway.

From Wikipedia "No Offence is a 2015 British television police procedural comedy-drama shown on Channel 4, created by Paul Abbott." So those in the know will recognise the "creator", and those with even longer memories will recall Elaine Cassidy as Amy Harris in the Ghost Squad and more recently in The Paradise. The show is more of an ensemble effort, and has been renewed for a second series so there's a Great British vote of confidence.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

simoncasey

Quote from: raymondjpg on February 05, 2016, 06:15:36 PM
Spotted screening after Jack Irish on ABC Thursday 11 February, No Offence (Series 1 : Episode 1). It's on ABC, so must be good eh, given that IceTV considers that ABC and SBS viewers deserve special treatment when it comes to repeats. And this isn't even a repeat [pause for cheers and fireworks] well I don't think so anyway.

From Wikipedia "No Offence is a 2015 British television police procedural comedy-drama shown on Channel 4, created by Paul Abbott." So those in the know will recognise the "creator", and those with even longer memories will recall Elaine Cassidy as Amy Harris in the Ghost Squad and more recently in The Paradise. The show is more of an ensemble effort, and has been renewed for a second series so there's a Great British vote of confidence.
That's a rather shameless plug for Pail Abbott.

raymondjpg

Quote from: simoncasey on February 05, 2016, 07:44:58 PMThat's a rather shameless plug for Pail Abbott.

Actually I'm not a fan of Shameless, although I know many are, but I am a fan of Elaine Cassidy (it probably showed). Seriously, No Offence is more of a drama than a comedy although Paul Abbott's stamp is unmistakable at least in the early episodes.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Tezza007

Couldn't SBS show it as a doco so it would be in the Coming Soon section?

raymondjpg

Congratulations on picking up Cuffs in What's on This Weekend, but why not Death in Paradise, Series 4 Episode 1 screening just before Cuffs? Both shows correctly featured in Coming Soon. Perhaps because Death in Paradise is an old favourite in peoples' My Shows, but still worth a reminder I think.

Edit: Oops, and Ripper Street on ONE Saturday 13 February. Not one of my favourites, but for some I think.

I have to say that Coming Soon has improved!

prl

Is The Last Detective (starting on Prime on Tue 23 Feb) new? It's listed in Coming Soon (Web and Android app) and isn't marked as a repeat. I'm sure we've seen some of it, but I'm puzzled because we don't have a series recording for it. It's oldish (IMDB says originally screened 2003-2007). The episode shown in the Canberra IceGuide is for the pilot, first episode first series.

Has it run before, and if so, how much of the series has run?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

Yes, it has definitely been on before; first I think on ABC then on the 7 Network. It has not been on for a few years.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

I saw an ad on Canberra Prime 7 today for a new series of The Blacklist starting Feb 28. I didn't catch which channel it would be on from Prime.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Tezza007

Peep Show returns tonight after a 3 year hiatus. Series 9. ABC2 9pm
I must have missed it in Coming Soon amongst the docos and cooking shows and old movie repeats

simoncasey

Quote from: Tezza007 on February 23, 2016, 08:57:26 AM
Peep Show returns tonight after a 3 year hiatus. Series 9. ABC2 9pm
I must have missed it in Coming Soon amongst the docos and cooking shows and old movie repeats
That's certainly a show that should have made it to recommendations and the what's on email, as opposed to a repeat of the castle (good movie but it's shown regularly).

Tezza007

I now ignore those emails, never anything in them I want to see

raymondjpg

"Janet King" Second Season [sic] starting Thursday 24 March. As advertised by the ABC.

Tezza007

Don't believe you, it's not in Coming Soon

Garyvx

American Odyssey appears to be New Show (or first run) but it has not got the New Show "Star".
It's on in Melbourne on Sunday 20th on 7 at 9:30 and 10:30pm.

Regards Gary

John