Brisbane Coming Soon showing Sky News Programmes?

Started by kgl, October 18, 2018, 01:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgl

Hi

When the Sky News programmes were made available for regional areas, a whole lot of new programmes appeared in the coming soon list. I thought I would try some out but they did not appear in the list of scheduled programmes. Research on the Internet showed they were Sky  News programmes for regional areas only. I am still finding some listed in the Coming Soon list for Brisbane,. E.g Sharri. This makes it hard to know what is relevant to me or not. These programmes are showing up in the android app and the website list.

Cheers

Greg

Tiphanee

Hi there Greg -

Many thanks for your note regarding the Sky News programs in the Coming Soon list.

We've discussed this issue internally and have decided that the best way to address 'regional' or 'city-centric' programming is to not include it in the Coming Soon list.

I will advise the Guide team to not mark these shows as 'Coming Soon'.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

kgl

Thanks for the reply Tiphanee.

I use the coming soon list as my main source of catching new shows and new series, so this will help.

However, it does seem a shame that regional people will not have the Sky News programmes listed and from your response I guess there will be some city-centric programmes that won't be listed as well.

Ideally, it would be good to llst these programmes as well but to introduce a new section like this:
Series, United Kingdom, English, Documentary, Historical, Science & Tech, Regional only
However, I guess this would require a structural change to your database and changes to the website and apps to pick up a new db field.

Thanks again for your response.

Greg