Permanent Directory Mounts in IceBox

Started by IanV, April 27, 2024, 03:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanV

Given that our now failing HUMAX has 2 Tb and it always seems to be full, the 1Tb in the new IceBox seems inadequate.
Of, course, I could buy a 4Tb SSD drive and substitute it for the one supplied but they cost in the $500-600 range and I already have a Synology NAS with 5Tb of free space and the ability to add another 6Tb reasonably cheaply.
I have therefore tested mounting shares on the NAS to the IceBox for the recording, pictures, tvshows and videoa directories, with success.
I now want to make those shares permanent so they survive a reboot.  The Linux way is to enter them into the fstab file at /etc/fstab.  Trouble is, in LibreElec the fstab file is a protected system file which can't be changed even by the root user.

The process for doing this with Kodi appears to be to add a Skin which goes into the /storage/.kodi/addons directory, copy that skin to another file in the same directory then add a fstab file to that.

Does anyone know of a better way?

IanL-S

It is my recollection that it cannot be done. @Delta Mike Charlie may have useful insights.

Just found this atrical on the LibreELEC wiki which may point you in the right direction
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

raymondjpg

Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD