Main Menu

Recent posts

IceTV EPG Content / Re: Kindig Customs
Last post by Tiphanee - May 09, 2024, 06:08:46 PM
Hi Adrian -

Thanks for that, it's now been corrected.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Getting Help / Re: Why am I getting recording...
Last post by IanL-S - May 09, 2024, 04:47:46 PM
Quote from: Ian_AW on May 09, 2024, 02:21:23 PMI did have Enable Timer Conflict Avoidance ticked.

So, now to why I am getting BBC News st Six recorded when I have never recorded it through IceTV or otherwise.

Thsnkd.

Absolutely no idea why you are seeing this. I have a dim recollection of someone reporting a similar issue before, but cannot recall the details. I may even have seen it myself during pre-release beta testing, but that may just be "senior's moment" inspired recollection.

It may be time to contact IceTV technical support (clearly not a hardware issue).
XMLTV (General) / Re: Some of the posters do not...
Last post by denny09 - May 09, 2024, 02:57:25 PM
I would disagree as there is a freeepg service out there they use thumbnails from fetch and every programme has a poster. I prefer to support a small company that is why I don't use the free one. Hopefully they can get a graphics designer to do better posters rather than just standard icetv logo with text.
Last post by Ian_AW - May 09, 2024, 02:21:23 PM
Yes, the two channels were different but it is only the next day that the recording was getting added.

I have now set the timer to 9HD only so hopefully, that should fix it.

I did have Enable Timer Conflict Avoidance ticked.

So, now to why I am getting BBC News st Six recorded when I have never recorded it through IceTV or otherwise.

Thsnkd.
Last post by IanL-S - May 09, 2024, 01:18:17 PM
Am I correct in my recollection that the first screening is on 9HD and the subsequent one of 9GemHD? Cannot see why different LCN would make a difference.

Have you checked in your account that in you Guide Settings you have selected "Enable Timer Conflict Avoidance" which also prevents duplicate recordings. I think the time frame for duplicate is a week rather than 24 hours.

There are some issues with deletion of timers with IceBox (which @Daniel Hall is working on), but I doubt that this is the causes.
IceTV EPG Content / Ten Year Old Tom
Last post by aeb001 - May 09, 2024, 12:39:24 PM
'Skipping School; Cooking The Books' - SBS VICELAND HD, 1:35pm, Wed, 15 May 2024, 30 minutes - S01E07 < S01E13+14
Getting Help / Why am I getting recordings of...
Last post by Ian_AW - May 09, 2024, 12:24:37 PM
G'day,

All of a sudden I am getting the BBC News at Six recorded.

I have never done an immediate recording of it and I have never setup a series recording or a once off recording of it either.

When I check with the iOS app or on the web, there is no timer to delete. It kooks as though when the first IceTV fetch of the day is done IceTV is setting.

There is something similar happening with Pointless. Here I do have a series recording for new and repeats, but as I understand it, an episode will not be recorded if it has been recorded in the last 24 hours.

This is fine as the program is recorded at 2 pm. This should mean that episode should not be recorded until 2 pm the next day, only it gets recorded at 7:25 am the next day again.

With the BBC News at Six, I have no timer to delete.

With Pointless, I have deleted the timer, removed it as a favourite and then waited until the timer was deleted from the timer list and then waited an hour before I created a fresh timer and checked that the correct episodes were being selected, but the next day, it starts recording the duplicate.

Is there something I'm missing?
IceTV EPG Content / Re: Kindig Customs
Last post by aeb001 - May 08, 2024, 10:09:57 PM
Quote from: aeb001 on May 01, 2024, 11:26:18 PM'Rumble in the Rockies' - S09E13 < S09E11

no one actioned this or replied. Icetv listed this as S09E13. Its actually S09E11. youll need to update your backend so that when S09E13 acyually airs it doesnt get marked as a repeat
Getting Help / Re: Lost autoskip function aft...
Last post by Phil-F - May 08, 2024, 05:00:09 PM
Addskip working now.
Many thanks
Phil
Getting Help / Re: Lost autoskip function aft...
Last post by Phil-F - May 07, 2024, 09:23:17 PM
The automatic commercial detection was already turned on. I have deleted the commskip_running file and will see what happens.
Phil