Ocean Wreck Investigation - repeat?

Started by prl, February 03, 2024, 10:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Ocean Wreck Investigation, 'Assassins Of The Deep', SBS VICELAND HD, 6:40pm, Sun, 4 Feb

Is marked as first run, but I'm pretty certain that it's a repeat: we already had a series recording set for it, this episode is S1E1, and I remember seeing it, particularly the part about U480 "the world's first stealth sub".

Also, SBS has (now, at least) marked the episode as a repeat.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

GaiO IceTV

Hi PRL, I looked at this one this morning but our DB has no previous screenings of this series, hence marking as new.  Possibly it was not on FTA?
Cheers Gai

prl

I don't think I'd already have an IceTV series recording of it if it hadn't been on FTA. The SBS online EPG has it marked as a repeat.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

BazzaG

Peter & Gai,

To conclude: Peters' memory is spot on, they are repeats and it's just SBS up their usual meaningless tricks.

Gai, I suggest that you simply update the IceTV DB entry for "Wrecks That Changed The World" to include "Ocean Wreck Investigation" as an AKA or another name for "Wrecks That Changed The World".

Cheers
BazzaG...

GaiO IceTV

Hi BazzaG,
Thanks for the sleuthing. I'll talk with Dan about the best way to fix in the DB.  Yet another SBS unnecessary programme name change!
Cheers Gai

prl

Now that's odd. When I look in my Manage Series, my old series recording for Wrecks That Changed The World is in there, but somehow I automatically got a series recording for Ocean Wreck Investigation when it appeared in the IceTV database. Have they ended up with the same internal series id? They both have the same synopsis, including both saying "New series 24/2/23."
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Peter,

No, different series ID's, I can see you have series recordings setup for both, so not sure really.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Hi, Daniel. I only ever set up a series recording for Wrecks That Changed The World. The one for Ocean Wreck Investigation "just happened" without me doing anything.

Added: Ocean Wreck Investigation S1E2 is still marked as "new show" in the ACT IceGuide.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

aeb001

@prl, "Ocean Wreck Investigation" is a new show, hasnt aired before, hence why S01E02 is a premiere. Even Bazza & Gai said so over the weekend
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

prl

No, Bazza said, and I agree with him, that Ocean Wreck Investigation is a rebroadcast of Wrecks That Changed The World where the content is the same, but the name has changed. It's a repeat with just a name change.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

aeb001

https://silverliningtv.com/programme/worlds-greatest-shipwrecks/ > "Wrecks That Changed The World" by "Mallinson Sadler Productions" all 10 eps have the same names. as that from "Ocean Wreck Investigation".

Sorry but I missed all of that in Bazza's explaination
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

prl

The content of S1E1 of Ocean Wreck Investigation was the same as the content of S1E1 of Wrecks That Changed The World that I recorded when it was broadcast.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

GaiO IceTV

Hi All,
Dan has merged Ocean Wreck Investigations with the correctly titled Wrecks that Changed The World so this is the title you will see in the guide going forward. All episodes are repeats.
Cheers Gai

prl

Hi, GaiO. Maybe I haven't left it long enough, but at the moment, my ACT IceGuide for Viceland HD on Sunday 11 Feb has a hole in it between the end of Alone Sweden at 6:40pm and the start of Abandoned Engineering at 7:35pm. I think that hole is where Wrecks that Changed The World should appear.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

GaiO IceTV

Hi PRL,
Yes it is for Wrecks.  It will filter through- but may take a little longer than normal.  I'll keep a check on it.
Cheers Gai