BYO TVHeadend not starting?

Started by mikejg, May 25, 2023, 12:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikejg

Hi All,

I'm testing the BYO IceBox on an old intel nuc with a USB Tuner from my T2.
Initially it worked but I noticed the recordings were corrupt then the tvheadend failed to start.

I applied the update yesterday hoping it would fix the tvheadend, unfortunately it didnt :(
Looks like the T2 USB tuner is not good enough even though its through an amplified splitter.

Any suggestions?
Or should i wait till I have more pocket money :)

Mike

IanL-S

The situation with Beyonwiz tuners is that there are several different types. Am I correct in assuming that the tuner came with the T2?

I had variable experience with USB tuners on my BYOB IceBox. Since moving to LibreELEC 11 about a week ago things improved. I have not tried one the tuners that came with one of my T2 units (I suspect that they were not all the same model).

Attached the only Bedyonwiz turning I could find, it is identified by TVHeadend as an Afatech AF9033, and it seems to be working OK at the moment. TV Headend is report some data errors on 2 of the 4 tuners (40+3 and 1). Live TV across all networks was OK. So for the present at least it seems to be working OK.

On the BYOB in question updated to the latest build last couple of hours.

Sometimes things are improved if you install the firmware again (in the way described in the email), then once that has finished reboot manually twice. No sure why this can improve things but it does.

Update Just went back to your post, and note that TVHeadend is not starting. Reinstalling the firmware may help (it did with my other BYOB IceBox) - TVheadend apparently working as recordings were being scheduled by could not access TVHeadend from a PC. Reinstallation brought it back to life.)
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

IanL-S

Got two failed recordings (network that had two recordings that had errors), however the explanation is "aborted by user" - not sure what is going on will do further testing tomorrow.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

mikejg

I re-installed with the latest image and its TVHeadend is working. still get flickers on live tv.
I set a couple of recordings for tonight. will see how they go.

the tuner reports as an AF9033 in headend

IanL-S

Check the video refresh rate; go to KODI > Settings / System > Display
Best performance when the refresh rate is 50.00.
Synology NAS