Interactive series recording

Started by Nemezis, September 06, 2009, 03:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemezis

Hi. Is there an option when choosing a show or series to record, from interactive, of scheduling it to always record longer (the commercial stations never start on time)? I keep missing the end of shows unless I remember to go into the Topfield 7100 timer menu and manually change them. I can't see anything on IceTV that allows you to do this.

prl

Quote from: Nemezis on September 06, 2009, 03:42:03 PM
Hi. Is there an option when choosing a show or series to record, from interactive, of scheduling it to always record longer (the commercial stations never start on time)? I keep missing the end of shows unless I remember to go into the Topfield 7100 timer menu and manually change them. I can't see anything on IceTV that allows you to do this.
On Topfield HD recorders and Beyonwiz recorders, just enable and set up recording padding. That automatically adds time to all recordings. For these models, padding is added by the recorder, not IceTV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Nemezis

Thanks for the help. I found and added time padding. But it would still be better to be able to add padding only to those that need it instead of all.  :D

csutak40

Quote from: Nemezis on September 06, 2009, 03:42:03 PM

There is a padding setting on interactive, but I have found that 9/10 times it (I use Media Center) it seems to ignore the padding, so I have now taken to changing the settings manually on the day of the recording.

Talk about changing things.  I have cancelled two recording for tonight the other day as I found three clashing (Without a Trace, Law & Order & Numb3rs)  I definitely done this.  I just went to put a padding on Numb3rs (the one I left) and discovered that all three were there, clashing with each other.  No idea how that happened
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

I don't think there are any padding options on IceTV Interactive for devices that have it as a PVR function, certainly not for the the Topfield and the Beyonwiz HD PVRs. The OP was asking about IceTV padding for a TF7100.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

strangr

Quote from: prl on September 07, 2009, 09:58:33 AM
On Topfield HD recorders and Beyonwiz recorders, just enable and set up recording padding. That automatically adds time to all recordings. For these models, padding is added by the recorder, not IceTV.

you know it is interesting, whilst i know this is the case, IceTV actually advertise it as one of their features on the IceTV website, so intersting that you can not control your own padding via the iceTV website and set priorities through IceTV. I much more like to say that i have a record priority of one show over the other and i want it padded 10 minutes at the start and 20 minutes at the end.

With box padding, it just adds it to the end.

But then again we've been asking icetv for grid view for ages and that has not come, so seeing anything fancy and new is going to be limited.

richardp

It would also be cool if the IceTV staff could specify recommended paddings for shows. For example, if we all know that a particular show consistently runs 20 mins overtime, Ice could set 20 mins as a recommended padding for that show.

Users could then set show-specific paddings and they would also have their global padding settings that apply to all shows by default. (One of the padding options for show and global settings would be 'Ice Recommended', which uses the recommended paddings, as above, by default.)

The padding durations should be sent to the device as a padding duration and not simply by extending the schedule's times since that would probably create conflicts with other shows. The devices can use their padding priorities to decide whether to favour the first show's padding or the start of the second show if applicable.

prl

I have few problems with 2 min pre padding and 15 min post padding on my Beyonwiz. Occasionally ABC kids programs will start earlier than the 2 min, and only very occasionally shows go more that 15 min over. But there will always be exceptions that will defeat any reasonable padding setting. One Big Brother final went more that 50 min over time.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use