Lost autoskip function after installing 11.6.2 update

Started by Phil-F, May 06, 2024, 11:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil-F

Autoskip was working when I installed 1.11.6 but since I installed 11.6.2 autoskip does not work anymore for any recordings. When I go to LibreELEC/About the version shown is 11.6.2. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
Phil

TimC

Quote from: Phil-F on May 06, 2024, 11:45:14 PMAutoskip was working when I installed 1.11.6 but since I installed 11.6.2 autoskip does not work anymore for any recordings.

From recollection, the update installs with addskip turned off.

To Turn it back on, go to the Main Menu, select Addons, Select the IceTv icon, select General and turn the Automatic Commercial Detection option on.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Phil-F,

Can you please check if a specific file is available on the IceBox as it sounds like the automatic commercial detection is no longer running, but the plugin thinks it is.

To check this you will need to connect to the IceBox over the network via SMB, then you need to go into the "Userdata" share. In there is a folder called "addon_data", go into it, then into a folder called "service.icetv".

In this folder have a look for the file 'commskip_running', and if you see it, then delete it. Within the next minute or so the file will be recreated as the next file is processed.

We are working on a way now to auto check for this eventuality, and its not a file to be deleted in most scenarios. If it has been a few days since any files were processed though, then it will need to be deleted this once.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Phil-F

The automatic commercial detection was already turned on. I have deleted the commskip_running file and will see what happens.
Phil

Phil-F

Ian_AW

Now that has gotten me wondering what is going on.

I was getting no ad skipping. I checked the folder and found NO 'commskip_running'. No amount of waiting saw it being created. I did a reboot and the file was created.

Since this morning, the file is no longer there. At the moment Pointless is being downloaded (in the post-padding part) and 'commskip_running' is nowhere to be seen.

When is the file created, or when does it need to be there?

I did a search for 'commskip_running' on the icebox drive and there is nothing found.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Ian,

The file is only in place while the automatic commercial detection process is running, if nothing is being processed at the time then the file will not be there.

So if you haven't had any recordings finish recently it will not be there, but within about 2 minutes of Pointless finishing being recorded it will show up again as the process starts for that recording.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.