Can't Play a Recording

Started by TimC, July 20, 2023, 10:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimC

Somewhere in all my fiddling getting an IR Remote up and running, I have lost the ability to play back a recording.
I have the same issue using the RF Remote so it's not a key mapping issue.

When I navigate to the Recordings list, select a recording to play back and press OK, nothing happens.
Similarly, when I press the "Menu" button and select Play from the menu. nothing happens as well.

The only way I can get a recording to play, is to open a channel that is recording something and select the Play Recording option instead of skip to channel.

Any Ideas?
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

IanL-S

I do not recall seeing this. I will check it out later today and report back.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

TimC

Ian,

A Little more info.

When I navigate to a recording and Press OK The Icebox seems to open a new empty Sub-fonder.  i.e. there are only two dots "..". (Like a DOS empty folder) Pressing OK then takes you back to the recordings list.

TimC

I gave up and did a soft reset.  That allowed me to play recordings, but I no have no sound and live TV freezes every 40 to 50 seconds and displayed a blue circle with 100 in the middle in the centre of the screen.
Several soft resets have resulted in the same.

I have tried:
plugging the HDMI Cable in the other Port.
Changing the HDMI Outport Device settings

Nothing works to fix the sound and I have no idea what cound fix the constant freezing.

This is all going backwards.

IanL-S

Quote from: TimC link=msg=39571 datefloat=left max=45%]=1690007295]
<<<snip>>>
I have tried:
plugging the HDMI Cable in the other Port.
Changing the HDMI Outport Device settings

Nothing works to fix the sound and I have no idea what cound fix the constant freezing.

This is all going backwards.

For most setups the sound is sent to the IceBox via HDMI, and that is set via Kodi > Settings > System > Audio
For my BYOB IceBox the settings are as shown in the screenshot.screenshot00001.jpg

There is nothing attached to HDMI 1 or the analogue connection, there is also no Bluetooth sound device. The BENQ monitor has inbuilt speakes.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

TimC

Ian,

Yep, Tried that.  I am beginning to wonder if I need to do an Icebox reset rather than a Soft Reset.

TimC

I have done an Icebox Reset.  No Change. 
I finally got around the plugging in Headphones and I could hear sound there.
At least the sound is being processed.

TimC

Its working.
I tried bypassing the splitters and switches in my setup and connected the HDMI directly to the HDMI to AV converter I use to distribute the picture to the TV I have near my PC. and the sound came back.
Putting it all back to the old setup while the power was on and it still worked, but as soon as I rebooted the Icebox, the sound disappeared.

Reconnecting it directly to the converter and the sound came back.
So as long as I don't lose the power it all works.
I even have a dodgy workaround the fix it when I lose power.

So it is obviously something to do with how the Icebox interprets the HDMI of my complex little setup.

Why would it manage to sort out the picture and not the sound?

Further, the IceBox had been rebooted with the original configuration many times while I was sorting out the Flirc setup and the sound worked every time.

It was only after I did a soft reset to fix the playback of the recordings issue, that I lost the sound.

Any thoughts about what is going on?

TimC

Somewhere in my adventures, I came across an audio setting that allowed additional audio amplification (in db). I thought it was on the System > Audio page, but I can't find it now.

Does anyone know where that setting can be found?

TimC

I finally found the setting.

When you press the OK button when Live TV or a recording is playing a sort of subscreen comes up that overlays the picture.
On this subscreen navigate to the Cog icon and press OK. Navigate to Audio and you will see the extra volume amplification.  You can use this to boost your Audio. I found that standard full volume was not quite loud enough. It was OK when things were quiet, but any level of background in the house made it hard for me to make out voices.

Note: the settings initially only applied to that channel, but there is an option to apply the settings to all media (Channels, recordings, etc).
It will be handy setting for people with poor hearing.