Banana SBS2 Perth

Started by Tezza007, December 03, 2015, 10:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezza007

Tonight 1am. This is a repeat. The series was screened earlier this year

JPP

I would have thought that it would be an easy matter for ICETV to have in place some automation wrt Repeats. A regular prime time program (that airs between 6pm to midnight) I would have thought would NEVER show a first run outside this time span and would thus automatically be a Repeat.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

prl

Quote from: JPP on December 03, 2015, 02:26:13 PM
I would have thought that it would be an easy matter for ICETV to have in place some automation wrt Repeats. A regular prime time program (that airs between 6pm to midnight) I would have thought would NEVER show a first run outside this time span and would thus automatically be a Repeat.
If a first run show is rating very badly, it can get shunted to a very late timeslot. Grimm, for example, is starting at 23:30.

Here are some shows starting midnight or later tonight that are marked by IceTV as first run:
The Dr Oz Show
Dr Phil
Babar And The Adventures Of Badou
Chopped
The Man Behind The Throne
Entertainment Tonight
Extra

Also various foreign-language news programs on SBS and Parliament Question Time on ABC.

And that's just for the two hours from midnight to 2am on one night.

Now, some of them may in fact be repeats, but no-one can be bothered to let IceTV know about it, but "out of prime time implies repeat" doesn't seem to be a particularly reliable rule.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing