Resend ...

Started by xanthi, December 01, 2015, 03:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I really can't see why that would be the case, except that if the T box goes into shutdown for a while, there's more chance that a timer change on the server will happen than if you see a problem and then do a resend.

Timers will only get a missing name filled in if the IceTV plugin gets an update for the timer and re-creates it. The IceTV plugin doesn't set the names for timers, except very indirectly by updating the EPG so that if the timer gets recreated, it might then get the correct name assigned to it. The IceTV plugin has no idea what the timer's name should be.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on December 01, 2015, 05:20:11 PM

I'm unconvinced. But I've never seen this problem, so it's hard for me to test it. Given the nature of the problem, it's hard to test anyway.
If you want to test it, set up a IceTV recording for little lunch (first runs and repeats) and for Live at the Apollo (first runs and repeats)

I currently have a blank timer for 9pm on Saturday 12th Dec (yes the 12th). I expect that sometime next week the epg for 12 Dec will get populated and then I will do a reboot and the title will appear.
I normally get at least 1 or 2 timers with no title for Little Lunch ~7am episode.

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on December 01, 2015, 05:36:12 PM
I really can't see why that would be the case, except that if the T box goes into shutdown for a while, there's more chance that a timer change on the server will happen than if you see a problem and then do a resend.
No, its not a timing thing or triggered by a change on the server. I can quite easily reproduce it given the right situation.

On this subject, how do the IceTV timers get their names. I currently have approx. 10 IceTV timers that are beyond my displayed epg. this includes In the Flesh and Fargo 9th Dec, The Fall 10th Dec, and Heston's Feasts 13th Dec. All of these have titles even though there is no epg for those days. However, I have two that have no title. One seems to be Live at the Apollo on 12th Dec and I cant work out what the other one is for. Does the epg data actually exist on the T3 for the days where the timers have titles and the program guide only shows 7 days or are those titles assigned in a different way?

What tends to happen is that I do a reboot and go back into the timers and the ones with a blank title that are in the next 7 days have been corrected. The IceTV log doesn't show that anything was updated. It is much too much of a coincidence that IceTV people are waiting for me to reboot my T3 and then quickly the timers just to mess with my mind. This happens pretty much once a week, which is how often I end up rebooting. Its possible that a GUI restart is fixing it too as that happens a lot with the up/down arrow issue.

Sometimes, the titles don't get updated and a check of the epg shows a gap in the epg. In the past, I have thought this is an issue with IceTV not updating their epg properly and I think that has been a cause in some cases. However, I have also tried disabling IceTV to get a blank epg and then reenabling and doing a fetch and that has filled in the gaps in the epg (but didn't fix up the blank timer titles). A reboot of the T3 has then corrected the titles.

Is I possible that there is a function on the restart of the T3 that updates any blank timers to reflect the epg and is unrelated to the icetv plugin?

prl

Quote from: simoncasey on December 01, 2015, 05:36:49 PM
If you want to test it, set up a IceTV recording for little lunch (first runs and repeats)...
Strange. When I do that, the server side only shows the recording for Tomorrow Wed 2 Dec, but not for the other episodes (Thurs, Fri, Sun, Mon).

Only the Wed timer gets sent to the test T3. I'll give Live at the Apollo a go.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: simoncasey on December 01, 2015, 05:52:51 PM
... On this subject, how do the IceTV timers get their names. ...
I've posted that right here in this topic.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

simoncasey

The Other show I have that is appearing with a blank timer is The Office (again a repeat) on Saturday 12th

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on December 01, 2015, 06:00:59 PM
... On this subject, how do the IceTV timers get their names. ...
I've posted that right here in this topic.
So how do I have IceTV timers with names beyond my epg, or is it that the epg data is actually there but the T3 only shows the next 7 days.

prl

:o  :o

Scrub that. I don't know how I missed it, but the timer name is sent with the IceTV timer details and set from the IceTV plugin.

But the name of a timer will only be updated by IceTV if the timer is re-created by IceTV when the timer is updated because IceTV think it has changed.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on December 01, 2015, 06:12:36 PM

but the timer name is sent with the IceTV timer details and set from the IceTV plugin.

Did you mean to say "and not set" or do you mean that both do it

prl

Quote from: simoncasey on December 01, 2015, 06:16:28 PM

but the timer name is sent with the IceTV timer details and set from the IceTV plugin.

What I wrote is what I meant. The IceTV plugin in fact reads the timer name from what the IceTV server sends it, and the plugin uses that name when it creates the timer in the timer list.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on December 01, 2015, 06:19:26 PM
Quote from: simoncasey on December 01, 2015, 06:16:28 PM

What I wrote is what I meant. The IceTV plugin in fact reads the timer name from what the IceTV server sends it, and the plugin uses that name when it creates the timer in the timer list.
Sorry, read it as set and set not sent and set

simoncasey

So that means that if we have blank titles in the IceTV timers, then it means the data isn't coming from IceTV in the first place and that doing a fetch etc wont fix it unless there has been an update to the timer by IceTV. But somehow, the T3 will update the blank title after a restart assuming that the data is in the epg.

JPP

On this subject, how do the IceTV timers get their names. I currently have approx. 10 IceTV timers that are beyond my displayed epg. this includes In the Flesh and Fargo 9th Dec, The Fall 10th Dec, and Heston's Feasts 13th Dec. All of these have titles even though there is no epg for those days. However, I have two that have no title. One seems to be Live at the Apollo on 12th Dec and I cant work out what the other one is for. Does the epg data actually exist on the T3 for the days where the timers have titles and the program guide only shows 7 days or are those titles assigned in a different way?

What tends to happen is that I do a reboot and go back into the timers and the ones with a blank title that are in the next 7 days have been corrected. The IceTV log doesn't show that anything was updated. It is much too much of a coincidence that IceTV people are waiting for me to reboot my T3 and then quickly the timers just to mess with my mind. This happens pretty much once a week, which is how often I end up rebooting. Its possible that a GUI restart is fixing it too as that happens a lot with the up/down arrow issue.

I've been following this conversation - interesting...
I must be missing something, but how are you able to get timers from ICETV on your T2/3/4 more than 5 days ahead of the current date? It almost looks like you've set up an Auto timer in parallel with am ICETV timer. So far btw, I have not seen any of the blank title timers on my T2 if that helps.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

simoncasey

Icetv just keep sending the timers. The 5 day limit thing doesn't apply to t series. I don't have any autotimers and in any case I have no epg out that far so there isn't anything for the autotimers to base the timers on.

Are you sure you don't have timers past 7 days on your t series. Most users seem to have a few, mainly on abc.

JPP

Ahh..., I see I still have a lot to learn about the T series Wizes. Just set up a recurring timer on ICETV for the 7.30 report and noticed that it now has timers set up to send right up till Tuesday next week, i.e. 7 days' worth of timers.

Edit - just checked the Wiz. It's now got timers set right up to Thursday next week. The ICETV web My Week only shows them set till Tuesday next week.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor