Tassie and Darwin SCTV

Started by Mitch IceGuide, October 02, 2010, 01:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch IceGuide

There is confusion over exactly what channel the Commonwealth Games will appear on. We were 'reliably' informed that the usual SD channel programming would switch to HD and the Games format would appear on normal SCTV. Their own guides seemed to reflect this. They have changed this a couple of times over the past couple of days. Given we're good, but not psychic, any local blurb or knowledge from Darwin and Tasmania would be appreciated. Thanks.

ando9185

Hi Mitch,

Going from the local newspaper here, they have listed all their normal Southern Cross programming (ie Channel 7 stuff) in the newspaper along with a small announcement at the bottom saying that during the period of the Commonwealth Games, Southern Cross will be airing on LCN 60 and 7TWO will be as normal.

So, the breakdown for Tasmania appears to be:
TDT (LCN 5) - Similar to Channel Ten, however Comm. Games coverage looks to be delayed by two hours. (Another bloody Southern Cross stealing live and exclusive content)
ONE (LCN 50) - Similar to One HD on the mainland, however Comm. Games coverage looks to be delayed again.
SCTV (LCN 6) - Same as analogue, looks to be Channel 7 morning shows as per normal and then Comm. Games coverage from midday onwards.
SCTV HD (LCN 60) - Now in SD, will show normal Southern Cross programming.
7TWO (LCN 62) - As per normal

I actually came on to ask if SCTV HD could have their LCN's changed as the ICE TV My Account page has the two 7Mate options (63 or 73) but it is still on 60 so my Beyonwiz isn't getting the info.

Also, to add to all the confusion, some programs will be slotted in for the analogue viewers after the games, I saw an ad last night saying that Packed to the Rafters would be on 8:30 on Friday after the games to catch up before the next Tuesday so there will probably be a few other shows crammed in. e.g. Home and Away etc...

Hope this helps a bit, all in all, it's all very confusing in Tasmania and is not helped at all by Southern Cross stalling the digital rollout and as such still poaching content from Ten, leaving us with 3 channels all screwed up.

Nem

I'm getting annoyed with Darwin TV!  >:( Good News Week started at 9:45pm on channel 10. (15 minutes late) The movie on Channel 7 didnt start until ater X-factor which was 30 later than schedule. (10:30pm) And Channel 9 started 60 minutes at 7:50pm (20 minutes late).

About time something was done about this!!
Device: Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Beyonwiz DP-P1
Region: Darwin NT
RSS: Firefox 3 with RSS Ticker plugin

Mitch IceGuide

Your feedback is detailed and appreciated. There are a lot of people to get across this and co-ordinated, so please let me know if something either changes or isn't working.

Nem

There's an advertisment running on KiK FM explaining what Seven are doing.
Device: Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Beyonwiz DP-P1
Region: Darwin NT
RSS: Firefox 3 with RSS Ticker plugin

ando9185

The change has been made to add SCTV HD details to LCN60 which now means everything is coming through perfectly on the Beyonwiz now. Thanks for that. Annoyed that Southern Cross change their advertised programs though! They advertised Packed to the Rafters but then took it off. I can't wait until the day when we can finally stop having double ups and missing out on programming!

ando9185

All programming on SCTV HD (LCN60) has now ceased and we have a static image reporting that 7mate will be starting from 6am Sunday. There have been no changes to the LCN's so it appears as though 7mate will be seen on LCN60 in Tasmania and I guess LCN70 in Darwin. Hope this doesn't cause too much confusion with the guides.

Mitch IceGuide

Thanks for the information. Will 'switch on' now so folk there can have time to preview next week's programming. Let me know please if you're not seeing it in a few hours.